• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stolen AS #10 CGC NM- 9.2

128 posts in this topic

If the thief was in a hurry to get the cash, he would bring the check over to a branch of the bank the check was drawn against(JS's bank, which is probably local). With ID, they must cash the check immediately. No way to hold anything.

But they should have his ID.

The book was shipped overnight on the 9th, delivered on the 10th and sold the same day to J&S. Today is the 11th for you detective types. Remember, I was only told today that our book was stolen.

I just spoke to Ted who was out this morning so I waited until I had more facts before I posted.

I can't thank you guys/gals on the boards enough for finding this book on Ebay.

I have already been in touch with J&S. He was paid by check.

Just a tip - Frankly this type of transaction is going to make Ted and I rethink our "quick" shipping when someone pays by Credit card. Also the transaction was under $2500 which limits the severity of the theft.

Thanks again for all your help.

Bob

In the future, I'd recommend against dealing with people named JACK ASSarian.

Also:

Mike Hunt

Phil McCracken

Amanda Hugginkiss

Ben Dover

etc.

+1 The name caught my eye also.

It doesn't take much to get a check cashed these days with all the Check Into Cash type outfits around. Also, checks clear much faster now. These sort of ID/credit card theft cases are so common now that most police departments will not commit resources to them unless you hand them all of the info on a platter or it meets a dollar amount threshold.

I'm glad to hear the book was located and hope it works out for Bob and JS Comics. (thumbs u

One thing I've noticed some banks doing. If you don't have an account with them they will make you fingerprint the check as well as sign the back. It should be fairly easy for authorities to track down the perp

One thing I've noticed some banks doing. If you don't have an account with them they will make you fingerprint the check as well as sign the back. It should be fairly easy for authorities to track down the perp
Unless they have a record, fingerprints are worthless.

No necessarily, if they get caught in the future then it might help to connect to this crime also.

Also, can't you find out which location a check was cashed in at? All the banks I go to have security cameras. Once the location is known, check with the tellers and video surveillance and get an image of the perp. I guess the cops would have to help out with this. (shrug)

No necessarily, if they get caught in the future then it might help to connect to this crime also.

True enough. Although the police are not likely to spend much effort on a $200 crime, it is relatively easy to add a fingerprint to a database and the information can wait for a more "opportune moment."