• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Complete Restoration Experiments

469 posts in this topic

Nice job, Mike! :o

The reglossing comment is probably just because you recreated the appearance of new-ish gloss on a book that had obviously lost its gloss before. If the glossing were excessive, they probably would not have graded it a 6.5. What I am trying to say is that it may not be an indication that you used too much size. It may be that you used the correct amount of size and made the book look really nice.

Honestly, a 6.5 on that book is a result that anyone would be happy with. It was a total POS! lol

Wow man, thats great. You really know how to polish up a turd. Ever since I started reading your posts I can really see your improvement. Congradulations on sticking with it as long as you have, and keep up the good work.

That book was a monster and you made it shine!

Big thanks to everyone for posting your thoughts. The only thing more rewarding than making a ugly book look good again is having others appreciate my efforts. It is what makes the countless hours of work worth it.

Hey Scott, thank you for your input on the re-glossing topic. I feel a lot better now about it and it sounds like I am getting it right with respect to how the book is evaluated in hand. It is really helpful when the books get to go to CGC where they can be graded in hand and consider more than what scans and pictures show.

You should call Plitch or Friesen or whoever did the restoration check on that book and ask him what he thought. Do it while the book is still clear in his head. Best way to make sure, right?

Big thanks to everyone for posting your thoughts. The only thing more rewarding than making a ugly book look good again is having others appreciate my efforts. It is what makes the countless hours of work worth it.

Hey Scott, thank you for your input on the re-glossing topic. I feel a lot better now about it and it sounds like I am getting it right with respect to how the book is evaluated in hand. It is really helpful when the books get to go to CGC where they can be graded in hand and consider more than what scans and pictures show.