• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone know why the Clink thread got pulled?

295 posts in this topic

I don't get it.

If you get a 3% discount by paying with an alternative method, isn't that a good thing?

BS is never a good thing.

And if they are so concerned about giving discounts to their customers who pay by check or whatever, why not make it 10%?

Instead of the coincidental same amount as the credit card fee? hm

You can call it whatever you want, it's still a 3% discount when paying by check or MO.

I don't get it.

If you get a 3% discount by paying with an alternative method, isn't that a good thing?

And if they are so concerned about giving discounts to their customers who pay by check or whatever, why not make it 10%?

You can call it whatever you want, it's still a 3% discount when paying by check or MO.

That is one thing and people will be divided on it.

Returning sent payments and asking for an alternative method which costs you more and saves them more is another thing altogether and is bang out of order.

I don't get it.

As usual you're defending the indefensible, returning the OP's money and asking him to pay via personal payment is not something I'd expect a legitimate business to try

I don't get it.

As usual you're defending the indefensible, returning the OP's money and asking him to pay via personal payment is not something I'd expect a legitimate business to try

I concur.

The Federal Truth in Lending Act states: 167, (2) “No seller in any sales transaction may impose a surcharge on a cardholder who elects to use a credit card in lieu of payment by cash, check, or similar means.”

The Federal Government must not be putting too much effort into enforcing this. Gas stations do it blatantly.

I don't get it.

You can call it whatever you want too. It's still BS. It's not a 3% discount.

I buy a $300 book for the price advertised. Pay $14 to ship one book and get 3% added for credit card payment. There is no discount involved, i bought and paid for a $300 book.

I don't get it.

I buy a $300 book for the price advertised. Pay $14 to ship one book and get 3% added for credit card payment. There is no discount involved, i bought and paid for a $300 book.

No discount involved but, still saves you 3% when paying by check or money order. Of course, I get charged an aditional 8.35%? sales tax.

I don't get it.

No discount involved but, still saves you 3% when paying by check or money order. Of course, I get charged an aditional 8.35%? sales tax.

Nope, not a discount, I wonder if the person who thought that has bought from them? I use a check so that the 3% fee is not ADDED to my purchase...

Of course I don't buy that often BECAUSE of the sales tax...but that is a legitimate charge....it just means I'm at a disadvantage when bidding against people in other States.

Well to clear things up

I was the OP on the original thread..

I was sent a PM saying it was pulled due to my quoting an email I received from CLINK..

Funny not ten minutes after it was yanked I got a phone call from CLINK.. I dont have much time to detail it right now but will figure out a way to put it where it wont get pulled or I wont get a strike

BTW the guy who says they pulled it because you said it was because i wasnt going to pay .... WRONG thats not why..Nothing to do with that buddy Sorry

have some family matters to deal with but I will post in a bit what actually happened