• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my g.a. pedigree run
2 2

761 posts in this topic

I succumed to temptation and acquired another D copy lol ... not quite in hand yet.

cool, but unless this means you're donating it to me, what's it doing in MY g.a. ped run thread?

lol oops... my apologies I quickly posted while at work and mistook it for the pedigree thread... Sorry can't have this one... I'll delete it. :blush:

Edited by Twistty1

yeah, I made that mistake - but I was greeted only by a grim silence from Stonewall Parker here and hastily got out of Dodge! (One measly Allentown..)

:preach:lol

Glad I'm not the only one.

Edited by Twistty1

Nicely done on the FF 209.

Since Gary Dahlberg would have only been about five years old when this hit the stands, it will be interesting to see if any other TC pedigree books surface which beat or even come close to the age of this one. hm

Nicely done on the FF 209.

Since Gary Dahlberg would have only been about five years old when this hit the stands, it will be interesting to see if any other TC pedigree books surface which beat or even come close to the age of this one. hm

i actually think it was mislabeled. the back issue silver he put together was simply part of "the gary dahlberg collection" as opposed to getting ped status. maybe they made an exception because of this one's grade, but maybe somebody typed something erroneously. i'm hoping for the latter, as that may mean i have the singular twin cites g.a. [i use the loose definition for my type set---more books to collect] book.

Sorry to be such an infrequent member, but if my memory serves me correctly, I believe Gary acquired that copy of Famous Funnies in the mid 60's. While he certainly did purchase various comics in the 50's, it was primarily the DCs and Disneys. Superman and Uncle Scrooge were his life-long loves. I hope this doesn't diminish your enjoyment of it. It is truly a wonderful piece.

Edited by MnDave

Very nice, Billy (thumbs u

Is that your first Bethlehem?

i picked up a new bethlehem for the old type set last nite. i really like it. that bad boy just barely got in under my s'case 4 cutoff.

My old book... congrats... it's a beauty...

thanks! and it looks much better than the grade--did you think so, too?

i picked up a new bethlehem for the old type set last nite. i really like it. that bad boy just barely got in under my s'case 4 cutoff.

My old book... congrats... it's a beauty...

thanks! and it looks much better than the grade--did you think so, too?

It has great "curb" appeal (thumbs u

I had it raw for a long time and the colors were fantastic. Do you collect HG Spellbound comics or were you just grabbing a Pedigree.

the latter, plus it looked so pretty for the grade.