• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The big one that got away in 2009

55 posts in this topic

I missed out on a Fight 31 sold on these boards because I was off having fun one day away from the computer. That'll teach me to try having a life!

You wouldn't have been happy with that copy anyway. (thumbs u

Now I don't feel so bad.

You shouldn't. Even I, Mr. LowGrade Collector passed on it!

You buying SA books now? :screwy:

Only Daredevil. He was a favorite when I was a kid, I used to have a full run in the 1980s which I sold, and I've decided to put a new run together.

Hmmm....let me see....its not a GA book, but the "big one" that got away was the FF # 112 CGC 9.8, back when it was a CGC 9.4. I held it in my hands and could've bought it for $1,100...I just didn't think it had a great shot at 9.6. Low and behold, it sells to a dealer, who resells it to another dealer, press, slab, wham, bam, thank you Jive, and its a $25k book.

Every other loss this year pales in comparison to that one. :insane:

Not a GA book, but the AF 15 I hedged on at SD Con. Haven't seen one anywhere near that price since.

:(

Two books: one for my personal collection and one to build a warchest towards my burgeoning GA collection.

First, I was offered a copy of SC 22 in roughly 1.5 or so for maaaaybe $100 over guide. Knowing little about SA DC and frankly not being a GL fan, I opted to pass on the book. Yeah... and we all know this book is selling for stupid money right now doh!

Second book is PointFive's Superman #4. He had a nice, presentable low grade copy and I hesitated on pulling the trigger only to see another buy snag it. Haven't seen as nice a low grade for the price Jon offered on his since. And since I have Joker's 2nd appearance, I thought it'd be cool to own Luthor's 2nd as well (since both of those characters' 1st appearances are out of my budget range). :frustrated:

the action 7 on metro's site this morning!

it was available for buy now, I emailed asking for scans before I commited and thought about it, checked back this morn, and it was already gone... I was just too slow...my gut said to buy it and worry about details later..c'est la vie :cry:

it was available for buy now, I emailed asking for scans before I commited and thought about it, checked back this morn, and it was already gone... I was just too slow...my gut said to buy it and worry about details later..c'est la vie :cry:

What was the grade/price?

That's a Newbie mistake. :baiting:

Raw 6.0 for 45K.

I wonder if it actually sold. Maybe they're just shifting it over to the JAN event auction.

I wonder if it actually sold. Maybe they're just shifting it over to the JAN event auction.

:wishluck:

It's still being processed. Takes them about 12 months or so.

It's still being processed. Takes them about 12 months or so.

lol

Raw 6.0 for 45K.

And Gator had to think about it.

doh!

That's a Newbie mistake. :baiting:

Total rookie move. :makepoint:

Raw 6.0 for 45K.

And Gator had to think about it.

doh!

I needed to discuss payment options, see a scan, etc... sold before I was able to get that info... :cry: