• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's going to Wondercon this year?

122 posts in this topic

The parking sucks, IMHO. The closest lot is 1.5 blocks away, which isn't too bad, unless it's raining and/or you're carrying a heavy box of comics to get signed. There are metered spots if you get really lucky (With the parking lots, you're paying $20+ for a few hours) but you're almost better off parking in Daly City and taking the BART to the 4th Street station and walking to Moscone.

The parking sucks, IMHO. The closest lot is 1.5 blocks away, which isn't too bad, unless it's raining and/or you're carrying a heavy box of comics to get signed. There are metered spots if you get really lucky (With the parking lots, you're paying $20+ for a few hours) but you're almost better off parking in Daly City and taking the BART to the 4th Street station and walking to Moscone.

I agree. BART is the way to go. And I've BARTed to and from Wondercon in the rain and carrying a short box of books. Parking in SF is a complete hassle and BART is easy to use.

Looks like Tim Sale dropped out of WonderCon. First McNiven, then Kirkman, then Sale. Oh, well, more time for the other guests. :)

I have a funny feeling guests are slowly realizing it's Easter weekend and finding reasons to pull out of the show.

whoa!? Kirkman's dropped out? I haven't been checking the Guest list regularly, I gotta say I'm bummed by this news.. :(

It doesn't seem that moving this to Easter weekend is turning out to be a good idea...

Saw an ad in the Daily Californian (UC-Berkeley student paper) today. Nice ad with pictures of all the tv people. At least they mentioned the top comic guests by name in a box near the bottom.

The Easter weekend thing must've been due to some kind of price break, no? Or else all the earlier dates were booked, which seems odd.

I don't think they picked Easter weekend intentionally... It's probably when the convention center was available. For me, it's kinda poetic justice because I had to scramble at the 2008 NYCC when they scheduled it during Passover and now other people know my pain...

Pay attention to that guest list! I suspect more announcements are coming in the next couple of weeks.