• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thank You All...

267 posts in this topic

Well that's not the community I found this place to be, and so I can't be any further part of it. It makes the probation list and Hall of Shame a joke. Yet the people who champion those threads will defend Mound City. Roy had dinner with them, so they must be all good.

, Gav, there are people on here that can't stand me and I often don't have a clue why.

(shrug) Maybe some are still waiting for your conclusion on how 9/11 was an inside job after you have reviewed all the info people provided you weeks ago. :taptaptap:

You mean people make things personal over the internet when someone simply holds a minority opinion or viewpoint or, at the very least, choose to not blindly accept everything as gospel?

You're right. It does sound petulant.

Just trying to provide that clue you were looking for. Obviously, nothing has changed your point of view. Nice to know.

Well that's not the community I found this place to be, and so I can't be any further part of it. It makes the probation list and Hall of Shame a joke. Yet the people who champion those threads will defend Mound City. Roy had dinner with them, so they must be all good.

, Gav, there are people on here that can't stand me and I often don't have a clue why.

(shrug) Maybe some are still waiting for your conclusion on how 9/11 was an inside job after you have reviewed all the info people provided you weeks ago. :taptaptap:

You mean people make things personal over the internet when someone simply holds a minority opinion or viewpoint or, at the very least, choose to not blindly accept everything as gospel?

Just trying to provide that clue you were looking for. Obviously, nothing has changed your point of view. Nice to know.

Actually, since I haven't discussed it with anyone in weeks you're simply assuming that you know what my point of view or opinion is and whether it's changed or not but that's just another internet problem. People assume stuff that they know nothing about and extrapolate on someone's personality when they could be completely off base.

Obviously you have a bone to pick with me. Why not do it in the correct thread or via PM instead of dropping this mess in a spot where it doesn't belong?

Actually, since I haven't discussed it with anyone in weeks you're simply assuming that you know what my point of view or opinion is and whether it's changed or not but that's just another internet problem. People assume stuff that they know nothing about and extrapolate on someone's personality when they could be completely off base.

Obviously you have a bone to pick with me. Why not do it in the correct thread or via PM instead of dropping this mess in a spot where it doesn't belong?

No bone to pick. You just seem oblivious to why some people might not be able to stand you. I just wanted to remind you of the thread you started in the water cooler about 9/11 being an inside job. That is all. Maybe that thread actually gained you new friends. (shrug)

No bone to pick. You just seem oblivious to why some people might not be able to stand you. I just wanted to remind you of the thread you started in the water cooler about 9/11 being an inside job. That is all. Maybe that thread actually gained you new friends. (shrug)

If you go back and read the thread in question you'll see that I started the thread because I watched a short series of films made by Jesse Ventura and asked whether there was any credibility to any of the witnesses. Not one person offered any info directly related to my question.

WTH does that have to do with anything here or specific to the concerns about the MC auctions?

Take it to PM.

Go back to the WC and get wet.

That's interesting...if you frequent the KIRBY-L Yahoo list, there was a consensus there at the time that it was none other than Stan Lee who was the mastermind behind 9/11...

I caught that episode with the Governator. The 4 missing black boxes, when several people actually saw them before FBI made them go poof in particular was compelling.

I have definitely seen that Roy has a posse gunnin for him, to the degree that if he says water is wet, it will result in a hellstorm of manic opposition for him, and all who back him, on such a preposterous notion.

Maybe we should have detailed profiles explaining who our gang affiliation is on the boards, so that the undercurrent of sniping is better understood.

My understanding of the facts (which could be wrong in which case I'll apologize up front, since I haven't followed the thread all that closely in recent weeks myself) are that:

1) Mound City required anyone who wanted to bid on their auction to provide a credit card # on file with the promise that the card would never be charged without authorization.

2) This credit card information was passed along to a third party without permission, who then charged obscene amounts for shipping without the authorization of the cardholders

3) Although Mound City's initial response was to tell everyone they had to take up their complaints with the shipping company, they later offered everyone a full refund.

4) After about a month had gone by with no refunds for most people, a few board members started asking about the refunds in the thread. At least one board member in particular received a very nasty (and in my opinion uncalled for) E-mail from Mound City.

5) That board member still has not received an apology OR a refund.

The first few points, if thats where it stopped, I think would be forgivable. But the E-mail Rob Classic sent to Etanick was completely inexcusable. The fact that Nick has been banned from future auctions (AND not refunded) even moreso.

It seemed to me that Boozad was just sticking up for a fellow board member that honestly has really been done wrong by Mound City up to this point..

Yikes! I had been loosely following the auction from its announcement, but somehow I missed out on why everyone was upset. And I missed the email. Last I heard Mound City was thinking about doing another auction in the next year...has that been put on the back burner until everyone's memories fade a bit?

Roy, what seems petulant to me is when "nice people" send profanity ridden emails to their customers. You seem convinced that it's the way that things come across over the internet that is causing people to misunderstand them but I definitely get the impression that the email was exactly as it was intended to sound. Etanick wants the subject dropped which is fine and good so I won't take it further than this but I'm sure that if it was Etanick who was spending the same amount of money that you did, Mound City would have been doing their utmost to give him the imression that they are "nice people".

If you go back and read the thread in question you'll see that I started the thread because I watched a short series of films made by Jesse Ventura and asked whether there was any credibility to any of the witnesses. Not one person offered any info directly related to my question.

I hope you're kidding about this, because your questions were answered, answered, and then answered some more in that thread. :foryou:

if it was Etanick who was spending the same amount of money that you did, Mound City would have been doing their utmost to give him the imression that they are "nice people".

He was. He and I spoke and we were bidding against each other on some big books. I'm pretty sure Mound City was aware of this as well at some point.

Having put that aside, I think I can spot a "cling on" from a mile away when it comes to people who chase or befriend others simply for the $$ and I didn't think that was the case.

I'm not defending Mound City and I'm certainly not reopening the case. I don't think anyone will disagree on how an email should be properly written.

I will go on record and say that most internet conversations would turn out differently if they are held face to face. There is just a missing human element that is not present on the net and that is one of the reasons there are so many misunderstandings on here with people either talking past each other or misunderstanding each other.

The same sort of vitriol just doesn't happen as often in a face to face conversation as it does in this internet room over here. I've met with literally 100's of people at cons...maybe 1000's over the past few years and haven't experienced a fraction of the negative energy that this place exudes in a week.

I hope you're kidding about this, because your questions were answered, answered, and then answered some more in that thread. :foryou:

There were a few tangent conversations that grew out of the original post but I don't think anyone commented directly about the witnesses Jesse interviewed.

I'll have to go back and double check.

Some of the stuff was answered very thoroughly and made for good conversation.

(thumbs u

There were a few tangent conversations that grew out of the original post but I don't think anyone commented directly about the witnesses Jesse interviewed.

(thumbs u

You may be right about nobody commenting on the credibility/ character of the witnesses.

But there was plenty of discussion about the substance of what they said.

And that is actually what you asked about in your initial post:

...has anyone watched this?

Jesse Ventura investiages 9/11

There are 6 parts.

I realize the acting is poor and it's not very well written. It's basically a low quality documentary but do any of these people's stories hold up to scrutiny?

R.

if it was Etanick who was spending the same amount of money that you did, Mound City would have been doing their utmost to give him the imression that they are "nice people".

He was. He and I spoke and we were bidding against each other on some big books. I'm pretty sure Mound City was aware of this as well at some point.

Having put that aside, I think I can spot a "cling on" from a mile away when it comes to people who chase or befriend others simply for the $$ and I didn't think that was the case.

I'm not defending Mound City and I'm certainly not reopening the case. I don't think anyone will disagree on how an email should be properly written.

I will go on record and say that most internet conversations would turn out differently if they are held face to face. There is just a missing human element that is not present on the net and that is one of the reasons there are so many misunderstandings on here with people either talking past each other or misunderstanding each other.

The same sort of vitriol just doesn't happen as often in a face to face conversation as it does in this internet room over here. I've met with literally 100's of people at cons...maybe 1000's over the past few years and haven't experienced a fraction of the negative energy that this place exudes in a week.

The internet messageboard as we know it may be changing as video and voice messageboards are on the way, so this may solve the problem . Imagine talking comics in the future with seeing someones face and hearing thier voice over the internet.I bet this will change the way people conduct business and interact.

(thumbs u

:signfunny:

Craap, how did I miss that thread.

You may be right about nobody commenting on the credibility/ character of the witnesses.

But there was plenty of discussion about the substance of what they said.

And that is actually what you asked about in your initial post:

...has anyone watched this?

Jesse Ventura investiages 9/11

There are 6 parts.

I realize the acting is poor and it's not very well written. It's basically a low quality documentary but do any of these people's stories hold up to scrutiny?

R.

Ah, I gotcha.

I was trying to focus on their testimony and wondering if they had been credible or just made stuff up.