• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk 180 Is Wolverine's 1st Appearance According To Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

68 posts in this topic

:ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez:

nice

An unknown character can't make a cameo appearance :makepoint:

Of course it can, assuming it's a "comic book cameo", with it's own long-held definition since the beginning of organized fandom. It's not a movie star we're talking about, or maybe you think it's a piece of jewelry? :insane:

An unknown character can't make a cameo appearance :makepoint:

Of course it can, assuming it's a "comic book cameo", with it's own long-held definition since the beginning of organized fandom. It's not a movie star we're talking about, or maybe you think it's a piece of jewelry? :insane:

Ah.

Is this another example of the comic community making up its own bizarro language?

Like the manipulation of a book back to a previous state not being 'restoration'? :whistle:

A "comic book cameo" is a well-known term in common usage (several definition sources are online), and other than it rubbing overly-anal movie fanatics the wrong way, I don't see the big deal. If you want to dissect terms that have changed meaning when combined with other words, then get ready for a few centuries of work.

What's next, someone from a jewelry collectibles forum telling us that "unless Wolverine's face is on a pendant, it's not a true cameo". doh!

What's next, someone from a jewelry collectibles forum telling us that "unless Wolverine's face is on a pendant, it's not a true cameo". doh!

If there isn't already I'm sure this has just inspired a line of Wolverine kid's jewelery.

ASM 360 has a cameo of Carnage, but that's because you don't see the character full on in the panel. You see the side of his face, some of the sybiote...then in 361 you get Carnage. So I understand the "cameo" label there.

But in 180 they show Wolverine head to toe.

I have always thought that Hulk 180 Was/Is/Always will be Wolverines first appearance. A lot of the comic dealers I know say the same thing as well. I have 3 copies of this book. Two I own outright, the other Porcupince48 and I own. The two I own are both in the 9.6 OW/W Pages grade. The shared copy is a nice 8.5 W Pages book. All three are raw, un restored.

But were they pressed?

I have always thought that Hulk 180 Was/Is/Always will be Wolverines first appearance. A lot of the comic dealers I know say the same thing as well. I have 3 copies of this book. Two I own outright, the other Porcupince48 and I own. The two I own are both in the 9.6 OW/W Pages grade. The shared copy is a nice 8.5 W Pages book. All three are raw, un restored.

But were they pressed paid for?

(thumbs u

A "comic book cameo" is a well-known term in common usage (several definition sources are online)...

agreed.

cameo has been widely accepted term in comics to me a brief appearance of a (later popular or known) character. Well known or not.

But Overstreet lists #180 as a 'brief' appearance (correct) and #182 as a 'cameo' (also correct).

So who's perpetrating this 'cameo' nonsense? hm

But Overstreet lists #180 as a 'brief' appearance (correct) and #182 as a 'cameo' (also correct).

Come on, you know EXACTLY what happened.

In previous OS editions back to the beginning of time, these were listed as Cameos, and then movie-fanboy Arnold said "whachooo talkin' bout Bob!" and changed them all to "brief appearances". Prior to that outburst, "comic cameo appearance" was an accepted term for decades.

We had a big fight about that online, and he really showed his ultra-anal side in that dispute. lol

Me: Arnold, movies are NOT comics.

Arnold: %#%#&^@#$ you %$#^&@

Then he stormed off.

In previous OS editions back to the beginning of time, these were listed as Cameos, and then movie-fanboy Arnold said "whachooo talkin' bout Bob!" and changed them all to "brief appearances". Prior to that outburst, "comic cameo appearance" was an accepted term for decades.

We had a big fight about that online, and he really showed his ultra-anal side in that dispute. lol

Then he stormed off.

Are we talking about Schwarzenegger or the kid from Different Strokes?

Then he stormed off.

Are we talking about Schwarzenegger or the kid from Different Strokes?

GET IN DA CHOPPA WILLIS!

I think the 1st Wolverine story should be the 1st TRUE app? That's just me though.

Would you then classify 180 as a FALSE 1st app?

(thought I'd contribute that since many of these posts hinge on anal retentive attention to linguistic detail).

...the manipulation of a book back to a previous state not being 'restoration'? :whistle:

Would you consider the addition of microchamber paper, for the purpose of preserving the current state, ‘prestoration?’

(not arguing your definition of resto, just needed an excuse to use, um, presto.