• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's finally time to put Danny Dupcak out of business auction FUNDRAISER
2 2

607 posts in this topic

I've been doing a lot of reading on DD, Ewert, Ronin, Tom B? and others to get an better understanding of what's been going on within the hobby at least within the last 5 years.

Too bad all the good threads were permanently deleted by CGC, you'd get a real education then. You don't know the half of it!

OK, so my shill sense is usually half-way decent.

But I'm lost with you.

PM me and let me know who you are. (thumbs u

Stu, wanker

Do you guys really know who these shills are? Or is it an educated guess?

I'm usually easy to spot since I don't try to hide it. I'm surprised that ol' sheep shagger F-T wasn't sure, he's usually sharper than that :kidaround:

lol

5.00pm until 11.00pm in the boozer.

Sorry, mate.

And a Happy Christmas! :foryou:

I've been doing a lot of reading on DD, Ewert, Ronin, Tom B? and others to get an better understanding of what's been going on within the hobby at least within the last 5 years.

Too bad all the good threads were permanently deleted by CGC, you'd get a real education then. You don't know the half of it!

But I'm lost with you.

Stu, wanker

Do you guys really know who these shills are? Or is it an educated guess?

I'm usually easy to spot since I don't try to hide it. I'm surprised that ol' sheep shagger F-T wasn't sure, he's usually sharper than that :kidaround:

lol

5.00pm until 11.00pm in the boozer.

Sorry, mate.

And a Happy Christmas! :foryou:

I figured it was alcoholic interference. Merry Christmas, Saint Nick!

But I'm lost with you.

Stu, wanker

That's what I was thinking.

But then something said 'no'. hm

Of the two great brains, on this issue I side with Nick.

Really....try reading the guy's post about ComicLink and Paypal person option that he just posted. That's typical Stu. :gossip:

Yeah, it was...and it might well be.

But...there's a few posts that aren't typical Stu. hm

Why, was I helpful or funny?

You'd be helpful to me and funny to someone else to settle a score.

Send me a PM to confirm who you aren't or are.

Something only I might know. hm

But I'm lost with you.

Stu, wanker

That's what I was thinking.

But then something said 'no'. hm

Of the two great brains, on this issue I side with Nick.

Really....try reading the guy's post about ComicLink and Paypal person option that he just posted. That's typical Stu. :gossip:

Yeah, it was...and it might well be.

But...there's a few posts that aren't typical Stu. hm

Why, was I helpful or funny?

You'd be helpful to me and funny to someone else to settle a score.

Send me a PM to confirm who you aren't or are.

Something only I might know. hm

well the fact that he knew F-T is a sheep-shagger should be sufficient, I mean that's pretty personal stuff that only F-T and Dolly (et al), and a select few others, would know.

I scouted other boards for info and they pretty much reference CGC boards for it. I still don't get the Perry, DD etc etc insert name here links of being different but the same people, but I'll figure it out sooner or later. What's with the battle of the boards? Do members on different boards generally dislike members on other boards?

I'm still a little fuzzy on micro-trimming and it's real impact on a comic. If you're taking a sliver off are you looking for a .2 bump because I can't see it making a real impact unless you're talking really high end stuff and willing to risk a purple label for it. What stops a DD or a Ewert from just sending in their books under a different account name? Whatever. Lots to learn and lots of time to learn it.

I scouted other boards for info and they pretty much reference CGC boards for it. I still don't get the Perry, DD etc etc insert name here links of being different but the same people, but I'll figure it out sooner or later. What's with the battle of the boards? Do members on different boards generally dislike members on other boards?

I'm still a little fuzzy on micro-trimming and it's real impact on a comic. If you're taking a sliver off are you looking for a .2 bump because I can't see it making a real impact unless you're talking really high end stuff and willing to risk a purple label for it. What stops a DD or a Ewert from just sending in their books under a different account name? Whatever. Lots to learn and lots of time to learn it.

Danny Dupcak is a convicted felon (fraud involving collectibles) who has for many years sold books as unrestored that are anything but.

His original eBay ID was ComicKeys and the name he used was Dr Richard Koos. When eBay changed their rules regarding private auctions and private feedback, he ceased selling under this ID and started using an account he had previously only used for buying. This was robojo33 and the name attached was Perry Stroud.

There were a number of threads here dealing with the Ewert debacle, as well as others that addressed the manipulation of books that received grade increases from CGC, these sometimes being substantial (how about a 4.0 that, after a few resubs, ended up a 9.0?).

These threads were extremely informative..vital reading for a consumer, I would suggest...but they did not exactly paint our hosts in a great light. A number of those threads have therefore been deleted.

As for micro-trimming, removing a sliver from the book is indeed only likely to earn you a single point, or possibly two, jump in grade. However, if we're talking 9.4 to 9.6, or a key book anywhere above an 8.0, it's a worthwhile exercise.

Anything else? (shrug)

As for micro-trimming, removing a sliver from the book is indeed only likely to earn you a single point, or possibly two, jump in grade.

Anything else? (shrug)

A couple blunted to sharp corners and removal of the beginning of Marvel chipping (or other 1/16" edge tears)? Wouldn't that be more than a couple points?

As for micro-trimming, removing a sliver from the book is indeed only likely to earn you a single point, or possibly two, jump in grade.

Anything else? (shrug)

A couple blunted to sharp corners and removal of the beginning of Marvel chipping (or other 1/16" edge tears)? Wouldn't that be more than a couple points?

In most cases, that would be a proper trim. What we're talking about here is usually the tiniest sliver, hence the micro- part.

I scouted other boards for info and they pretty much reference CGC boards for it. I still don't get the Perry, DD etc etc insert name here links of being different but the same people, but I'll figure it out sooner or later.

http://www.justafanboy.com/ComicKeys/

"eBay I.D. robojo33 is the account used by someone calling himself "Perry Stroud". The mailing address (683 Nightingale Rd., West Hempstead, NY 11552) used by "Perry" on eBay is the same as the address for a house owned by "Richard Koos" aka DD aka Comic-Keys.

Here is a scan of the deed for said house as filed with the county assessors office (a matter of public record):"

I have family still mulling around me from last nights X-Mas. I have to go over justafanboy's page again, but is there anything linking Koos to DD that could be show that this is in fact an alias? Receipts? Emails with header information that has matching IPs? Not gmail type accounts that mask the originators IP. Anything that would make a reasonable person say "this person is one in the same"?

Like I mentioned, I've looked on other boards and most refer back here. I'm guessing those dead links are the ones that have been removed. I have to see if archive.org has them still on file. My opinion on CGC being unable to detect micro-trimming is more on their side. Criminal ingenuity is a step ahead of those assigned to detect it. Be assured of more sophisticated ways to defeat the system and in time methods where it will be impossible to distinguish what's real from fake. This has already happened in other hobbies.

I'm also amazed at how comics mirror the art world so closely. Nothing that I've read here hasn't already happened there. My interests in art has been on the side of forensics so this topic is really interesting to me. The characters are almost identical with their antics minus the different names. DD specifically is identical to an art dealer I know that rips people off left and right under different company names, hides behind lawyers and also ducked child support even when he was able to buy a waterfront home for nearly a million cash, but can't pay more than $100 a week child support. He was also involved in manipulated/fake art.

Mirco trimming apparently requires extreme precision. One that I would think is more mechanical than by hand. A laser paper cutter? Unlikely. It would char the cut line. At least the ones that I've looked up. It's impressive to cut a 1/64th line without evidence of tampering.

I have family still mulling around me from last nights X-Mas. I have to go over justafanboy's page again, but is there anything linking Koos to DD that could be show that this is in fact an alias? Receipts? Emails with header information that has matching IPs? Not gmail type accounts that mask the originators IP. Anything that would make a reasonable person say "this person is one in the same"?

'Richard Koos' is in fact Danny Dupcak's mother's partner, iifc, and it's his ID that Danny was using.

'Richard Koos' is in fact Danny Dupcak's mother's partner, iifc, and it's his ID that Danny was using.

"iifc" ?

"iifc" ?

"if I ing cared?" (shrug)

"iifc" ?

Slip of the keyboard. The r is above the f...iirc...if I remember correctly.

"iifc" ?

"if I ing cared?" (shrug)

But that one works, too. :roflmao:

Mirco trimming apparently requires extreme precision. One that I would think is more mechanical than by hand. A laser paper cutter? Unlikely. It would char the cut line. At least the ones that I've looked up. It's impressive to cut a 1/64th line without evidence of tampering.

There must be some kind of evidence, since CGC can detect it now (shrug)

There must be some kind of evidence, since CGC can detect it now (shrug)

:signfunny:

You do recall correctly, Nick.

(Please update your Kelly pics for the New Year. :wishluck:)

If anyone has ever done any picture framing, you might be familiar with mat cutters. I'm pretty sure you could use one of these to microtrim a comic book. It would require practice but it is certainly do-able.

This is the model that I use for framing.

mat cutter