• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's finally time to put Danny Dupcak out of business auction FUNDRAISER
2 2

607 posts in this topic

BTW, it was confirmed Mr. Dupcak, who claims not to be in the comic business, is reading this thread. :gossip:

So, Dupcake is neither ComicKeys nor Robodork?

In other words, this information has not been confirmed one way or the other?

How do you draw that conclusion from the above statement? (shrug)

BTW, it was confirmed Mr. Dupcak, who claims not to be in the comic business, is reading this thread. :gossip:

"who claims not to be in the comic business" :gossip:

You believe him? :o

You believe him? :o

Until proven guilty. :sumo:

Ok, the court proceeding today was fascinating but we are just getting started.

Unfortunately due to motions that are to be filed it is regrettably best I not post anything substantive related to what transpired, but suffice to say we are very pleased as to how the matter is progressing and my presence was not welcomed.

There is another court date in June and the resumption of the hearing in July. These are open proceedings and I will post the details as we get closer in case anyone wishes to attend.

Interesting. hm:hi:

Mark,

If you can, and only if you can, please tell us the satisfaction you had seeing this dooschbag face to face in a court of law.

Also, if you can, please inform us as to his "expressions" being in the court as well as those directed to you.

I can only image it was freakin priceless!

Everyone see that.

Douchepak has a shill.............. :o

Well maybe not. Could be just a guest. lol

I doubt I have to explain to many of you who Danny Dupcak is and what he represents to our hobby (although for those who do not know, I have provided background information below revealing his lengthy history of proven and suspected fraudulent activity).

Please excuse the cross-postings of this thread but given the importance of the topic and the interest this community likely will have we need to reach as many collectors/dealers as possible.

I had offered for several years to represent anyone who had been defrauded by Mr. Dupcak but his modus operandi was always to reimburse the victim after a period of time thereby negating the likelihood of either civil or criminal penalties. I am now pleased, however, to announce that we are about to embark about a significant legal effort to finally put Mr. Dupcak out of the comic book business and we need the help of our fellow forumites!

How can you help? :popcorn:

(1) You can donate any funds that you can spare; and/or

(2) You can donate comic books that will be used to raise funds.

Beginning this Sunday, January 10, 2010 and lasting until Wednesday, January 13, 2010, we will be hosting an auction to raise funds to help further the legal effort, both civil and criminal, to bring Mr. Dupcak to justice and require him to properly support his child.

Some of you may recall that earlier last year Mr. Dupcak's former girlfriend, Jan57, and mother of his child started a thread concerning her ongoing legal efforts with respect to child support. She is seeking an upward modification and he is seeking a downward modification. I had indicated that I, as well as another board member, was trying to assist her behind the scenes, particularly to expose Mr. Dupcak's comic book dealings on e-bay and elsewhere.

To date, we were successful in obtaining through discovery various e-bay and paypal records that appear to indicate that upwards of a million dollars in sales have been received over the years by individuals we believe are alias for Mr. Dupcak. The paper trail is quite convincing.

Up to this point, however, Jan was being represented by an attorney for New York City's Corporation Counsel whose resources were severely limited. In order to retain the free legal assistance she was not permitted to have outside private counsel such as myself formally represent her. Jan is now at a critical stage of her court proceedings, which will include the opportunity to question Mr. Dupcak himself under oath, and the pressure needs to be increased. Therefore, I have now committed myself to formally enter her Family Court proceedings and substitute for her current counsel. While I may be an aggressive litigator who routinely challenges the CIA and military, represents national security Whistleblowers and sues terrorist governments, I candidly don't have the slightest clue about how NY Family Court works. Therefore, I have arranged for a very experienced NY attorney who specializes in child support cases to co-represent Jan and she will provide the necessary guidance and expertise that will allow us to pursue Mr. Dupcak with the type of vigor and aggressiveness that this case deserves.

Due to my commitment to this issue I am handling Jan's case pro bono (for free). I have already expended thousands of dollars of my time and I am willing to devote what time is necessary but the same can not understandably be said for my expert co-counsel who has no connections to this great hobby. Jan does not have any funds that can be spared to bring Mr. Dupcak's escapades to light and force him to support his child at a level that properly reflects the significant amount of money he actually earns selling comics, oftentimes under suspected fraudulent circumstances. We also need funds to pay for deposition and trial transcripts, and we need this money ASAP.

Every dollar or comic that can be donated will significantly help this effort. The members of this board have demonstrated their generosity numerous times when the circumstances were purely personal. Now is an opportunity to help strike a blow against someone who has adversely affected the hobby that we love. His continuing ability to maintain his subterfuge permeates a stain in our community and hurts us all.

If you are willing to donate funds of any amount, you can do so via paypal to me at ZaidMS@aol.com (and please specify the donation is for the Dupcak legal effort). (thumbs u

If you are willing to donate comics for auction, here are various steps you can take:

(1) Post a scan of the book(s), an assessed grade if raw, and estimated value right here in this thread, and indicate whether you are willing to also assume the shipping costs to the buyer or desire the buyer to do so, or

(2) If you wish to remain anonymous, PM or e-mail me (EsquireComics@aol.com) a scan of the image, an assessed grade if raw, and estimated value and indicate whether you are willing to also assume the shipping costs to the buyer or desire the buyer to do so. I will arrange for the book(s) to be placed in the auction.

It would be really appreciated if the minimum estimated dollar value of the book(s) would be $50.00 or more, but any donation will be graciously accepted. The starting bid for each lot will be a mere 20% of the estimated value (i.e., a $50 book will have an opening bid of $10).

The auction thread will be found in the Virtual Comic Con Hall. When the auction goes live, I will post a link in this thread as well.

If you have any questions, you may contact me directly via PM or e-mail at EsquireComics@aol.com.

For additional background on Mr. Dupcak, I direct your attention to these links:

NYT Memorabilia Sale Helps Victims of Store Swindle (1/22/98)

Additional Background Information on Dupcak

On behalf of Jan and her child, you have our sincere appreciation for your forthcoming support. (thumbs u

Mark, your going outside your means with good intentions.

I read 10 pages but adding in the 50 and 120 page other ridiculous threads IM done 4 the night. You have enough of my trust I was ready 2 buy a marvel mystery comics CGC 9.2 off you years ago 4 2800usd or so and Danny Douc heba g is a scum sucking

piece of .

just wanted 2 let you know that although I cant read past page 11 tonight I fully support you and what you are trying 2 do. Im unemployed but ILL see if I can whip up a book or 2 in support of this fundraiser bro!

Rich

Ok, the court proceeding today was fascinating but we are just getting started.

Unfortunately due to motions that are to be filed it is regrettably best I not post anything substantive related to what transpired, but suffice to say we are very pleased as to how the matter is progressing and my presence was not welcomed.

There is another court date in June and the resumption of the hearing in July. These are open proceedings and I will post the details as we get closer in case anyone wishes to attend.

Mark,

If you can, and only if you can, please tell us the satisfaction you had seeing this dooschbag face to face in a court of law.

Also, if you can, please inform us as to his "expressions" being in the court as well as those directed to you.

I can only image it was freakin priceless!

Yep! would love to hear about that as well :grin:

Thanks for doing this Mark and good luck! (thumbs u

Did someone say Old Greg? hm

old-gregg.jpg

I'm Old Gregg! Would you like a Baileys?

Do you love me?

Do you want to see my mangina? hm