• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers #1 or #4

86 posts in this topic

Best key covers IMO

AF #15

Hulk #1, 181

Avengers #57

WWBN #32

FF #48 (I dig it's ambiguity, seems some don't)

ASM #39

-----------------------

Worst IMO are..

ASM #1 - is this a FF book or Spiderman?

Green lantern #1 - Absurd

JLA #1 - Yes lets all sit at a table

X-men #94 - Huh?

Worst of all-time is Black Panther #1.. yikes.. not really a key however, more like a p.o.s.

And Chromium: solid list, but ToS #39, really? As number 1 for best cover? Iron Man is my main guy and my 39 is the pride of my collection, but not for the cover. What exactly is he doing in that pose? He looks guilty, like he was caught doing something shameful...

Yes really :grin:

I just love covers with storytelling on them...just like I love covers with word balloons etc..

The Tos 39 cover reminds me of a movie shot and really entices me open the book and read it. :cloud9:

I RESPECTIVELY DISAGREE.

I THINK AVENGERS #1 HAS ONE OF THE WEAKEST COVERS OF THE MAJOR KEYS.

1. Tales of Suspense #39

2. Avengers #4

3. Fantastic Four #1

I fully agree with you chromium. If I'd have to rank major key Marvels on the "coolness" level it would be:

1. AF #15

2. Avengers #4

3. X-Men #1

4. ASM #1

5. FF #1

6. TOS #39

7. Hulk #1

8. JIM #89

9. TOS #59

10. FF #5

Umm, I suppose we have differing opinions regarding terminology if you consider JIM 89 and TOS 59 as 'major key Marvels'. [/quot

Ok, guess your "terminology" is a bit different than mine. True, JIM 89 and TOS aren't "major" Marvel keys, but I added them to my list anyhow. This was MY opinion, which I shared with chromium, but expanded on a bit. Care to share "why" JIM 89 or TOS 59 isn't a a cool book? We're talking about "coolness/sweetness" on the cover. Notice, I don't even have JIM 83 on there. Why, because I think the cover is weak! JIM 89 should have been the cover all along! What's your opinion on a top 10? And please don't say FF 48! :sick:

Overall, I really do like your list, it's just the inclusion of JIM89 and TOS59 that threw me off. I'd probably take TOS39 off the list. That cover is neither cool nor sweet.

And Chromium: solid list, but ToS #39, really? As number 1 for best cover? Iron Man is my main guy and my 39 is the pride of my collection, but not for the cover. What exactly is he doing in that pose? He looks guilty, like he was caught doing something shameful...

Knowing Tony Stark he probably did :gossip: