• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Signature Series Jan 2010 - Present Q & A Thread

490 posts in this topic

Some signings are being done directly with the artists through the mail with proper legal documents being filled out.

So it's possible for an artists to autograph books and send them in (with proper legal documentation) for a Yellow SS slab.

That's cool!

Is this a new arrangement?

Sorry if this has been asked before, I skimmed the thread and didn't see it, though.

I'll even give 100% specifics on this one. I want to get a book signed at Wondercon and add another two signatures at C2E2. I don't think the turnaround from WC to me to facilitator will be fast enough to allow this to happen, so is there a way CGC or a facilitator or a CAW can keep the book for the second show?

You can make arrangements with Joe to make this happen. :)

Some signings are being done directly with the artists through the mail with proper legal documents being filled out.

So it's possible for an artists to autograph books and send them in (with proper legal documentation) for a Yellow SS slab.

That's cool!

Is this a new arrangement?

No, it's not new. Hopefully it will be used more.

I have looked through the boards and couldn't find an exact 'yes' or 'no' to my question.

Are we going to be able to submit books for CGC Signature Series at C2E2 in Chicago taking place April 16th - April 18th?

Yes. Our booth is #602.

is CGC going to be doing on-site grading at C2E2 ? please say yes :wishluck:

No... Only on-site grading this year will be in Philly and WW Chicago... :sorry:

Seeing that CGC's resources for witnessing books are now pretty limited, will you be imposing limits on the number of books one can drop off at the CGC booth for SS at the large shows (such as C2E2)?

Seeing that CGC's resources for witnessing books are now pretty limited, will you be imposing limits on the number of books one can drop off at the CGC booth for SS at the large shows (such as C2E2)?

We've always had limits on the number of books we accepted for Signature Series at shows. It is based on what we think we can get done during the weekend with consideration to which artist(s) are requested.

It is always best to drop books off as soon as possible.

Currently it seems that many of the facilitators aren't accepting submissions with the general premise being that it's too difficult to get a CAW lined up when they need one. Are there steps being taken to rectify this?

Currently it seems that many of the facilitators aren't accepting submissions with the general premise being that it's too difficult to get a CAW lined up when they need one. Are there steps being taken to rectify this?

DWC does not fall into this catagory. The only reason we have ever turned away business is if we are not going to be at a particular con. Any con we scheduled to be at, we will accept submissions for that show.

So far I have been to Mike Carbonaro's NY one day show. I made arrangements and tried to accept subs for that show. For which I got little response.

My team and I are going to Boston which we are accepting submissions for. I have been advertising that as well.

I might go to Philly.

Then in the fall there is Baltimore and the NY show in October.

So basically I do not fall into that category either. Granted I might not go to cons all over the country, I stick to the east coast. But any con that I am going to I am open to submissions.

Lots of facilitators including me have created sketch opportunities.

There are lots of great private signing opportunities as well right now.

I will also add that so far CGC has been working VERY hard to provide me with a CAW for cons that I will be attending and private events that I am coordinating.

Best,

Sean

I'm aware of that, the two of you seem to be the exceptions to this though. I would think that if things stay the way they are, at some point Desert Wind and NYComics will get overloaded with submission requests. I'm sure you read or at least heard about the somewhat heated posts in one particular thread. I'm just curious as to whether or not this issue has been brought up to CGC and if they're looking for a solution. I, for one, am GREATLY appreciative of everything the witnesses/facilitators I've dealt with have done for me. SS books are pretty much all I collect anymore and I just joined the boards within the last year and am hoping that everything gets ironed out so that we can all keep enjoying this aspect of the hobby.

:whatev:

Right now consider me underwhelmed with SS requests.

The only thing I do not accept are sketch requests. They are on a case by case basis.

As for pricing I cost the same as it would if you drop your books off at the CGC booth. 2c

Best of luck to your SS collecting goals. Feel free to contact me if you need my help. :grin:

I recently purchased a copy of The Goon #32 Nashville Variant Signed by Eric Powell CGC # 0983019019. The upper right corner of the case seems to have opened up. This was not caused by me. I'm actually a little upset because I have a feeling it's going to cost me money to have it resealed or recased. What should I do?

Thanks in advance.

Mark