• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Signature Series Jan 2010 - Present Q & A Thread

490 posts in this topic

Is it true you can have someone trace over a sig on a raw book & then the book counts as a SS ?..

No.

:signfunny:

hm(shrug)

I had this nyx #3 signed back when it first came out & he is going to be at eccc again this yaer :D I didn't even know what cgc was back then

NYX.jpg

(shrug)doh! Nyx #3 was still new & going for $50 bucks or so lol I found it at the con for like $3 I think that was also my first convention & the sketch there from him is most likely my first sketch as well :luhv:

Maybe this has been asked before, and I have never attended a signing at a convention so I dont know the protocol but what would happen if someone mistakenly or on purpose just for the heck of it ( :devil: ) slipped a DC book into a Stan Lee signing?

I have heard it s a bit of a production line, would someone notice (I'm sure he would), would someone stop it from being signed? would it get a qualified :sick: lable?

Just wondering (shrug)

Maybe this has been asked before, and I have never attended a signing at a convention so I dont know the protocol but what would happen if someone mistakenly or on purpose just for the heck of it ( :devil: ) slipped a DC book into a Stan Lee signing?

I have heard it s a bit of a production line, would someone notice (I'm sure he would), would someone stop it from being signed? would it get a qualified :sick: lable?

Just wondering (shrug)

I know that someone recently (like October-ish) wrote a journal entry about getting a Wonder Woman book signed by Stan in the last private signing put on by CGC. Granted, it was a "Stan Lee Presents" WW book, but it was a DC. As for any random DC book that Stan had nothing to do with, I have no idea...

Just wondering (shrug)

I know that someone recently (like October-ish) wrote a journal entry about getting a Wonder Woman book signed by Stan in the last private signing put on by CGC. Granted, it was a "Stan Lee Presents" WW book, but it was a DC. As for any random DC book that Stan had nothing to do with, I have no idea...

i dont think cgc will have a problem slabbing a DC book signed by Stan, just make sure a CGC witness is there to get the yellow.

Hell, people get him to sign Marvel books he had nothing to do with, well excepting for birthing the whole marvel universe. :devil:

I think stan would sign anything & cgc would slab anything its all about the $ not what is signed lol! Personally I think stan would get a kick out of signing a play boy lol

You think wrong.

Do tell ?

Does CGC attend Comicpalooza events? There is one coming to Houston where I live with some great guests. I'd love to get some signatures. If not typically how do I lobby for them to come?

+ 5 meeeellion!

Bernie Wrightson was there last year and I would have loved to have gotten some Swamp Things signed!!

I've been wondering, but have been too lazy to search or ask before. What are the restrictions on the types of magazines being submitted?

Hypothetically speaking, if Eminem happens to appear at a con (not likely), is that XXL magazine with him in the Punisher comic, one that will be accepted for grading? Or, say, Lindsay Lohan's New York magazine (where she made out to look like Marilyn Monroe), a WWE Diva on a WWE Diva Magazine, or Barack Obama on the cover of Time Magazine (or People magazine). Would those be accepted?