• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Signature Series Jan 2010 - Present Q & A Thread

490 posts in this topic

Hey all, I've already purchased tickets for the 2010 NYCC and I would like a book signed by John Romita, Sr. I read the guidelines on how to prepare the book for signing, but what exactly are the steps I need to take when I arrive at the Javitz Center and do I need to fill out a CGC form before-hand or what? This will be my first Sig Series book I will doing live. My only SS book I have I bought 2nd hand - Fantastic Four Vol 1 Number 3 by Stan Lee.

Any and all information would be highly appreciated!

that is great news. Just bought the first appearance of iron fist and roy is going to be present.

this will be my first cgc submittal and signing.

I have some books I'd like signed at the upcoming con in Cincy by one artist, and I'd like them to be also signed at the New York show by another artist. Is it possible to have the CAW at Cincy mail them to the CAW in New York for this, since there's not a lot of time in between shows? :wishluck:

I'm sorry if this type of question was asked and answered before, I read through this thread and didn't see it if it was. :blush:

Thank you!

Mervin

Wow, not sure if questions just go here to die or if people respond in private messages but I've got a question too....

If I contact an artist at his/her home and commission a sketch cover is there any way to get that book CGC SS labeled? Can the artist submit it to CGC directly? How about mailing it to a dealer that forwards it? Just trying to figure out a way to get a couple of books done but I really want them slabbed CGC SS.

I think I got the above question more or less figured out. We'll see if I get my book back or not, lol.

So now moving on to another question....will CGC do CGC SS on University sports media guides? I might have one or two that have an autograph on them (went to school with Terrell Owens) and if nothing else I was the photographer for a lot of them so it would be cool to have my OWN CGC SS!

Any thoughts?

If it is something that CGC will grade and you worked on it. I am SURE that you can work it out so you can get a CGC SS of the book.

HE LL even Rich Henn and Paul Litch have been done SS....

Quick question, just so I can be completely clear...

Charlie Adlard is scheduled to appear at the Florida Supercon in July.

If I want a sketch done by Charlie on the Ultimate Comics variant for issue #75 and have it graded and denoted as a signature series comic, a CGC employee or CAW must pick up my book from Charlie?

Do I tell CGC before I get in line or after it is done?

Best scenario is that Charlie signs at the CGC booth, if there is one?