• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chew Set Scoring - input requested

192 posts in this topic

:gossip: Pretty sure one has to be graded before Gemma will add it to the registry.

:gossip:

That wasn't my question. I wasn't asking it TO be added, I was asking if when the time came it WOULD be added. IE- Is this considered a part of the "Chew Set."

I would go for it to be added, but wouldn't you then have to add all the Image Firsts to their respective sets, and likewise every other reprint that ever came out to their respective sets and :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

I would go for it to be added, but wouldn't you then have to add all the Image Firsts to their respective sets, and likewise every other reprint that ever came out to their respective sets and :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

I agree with Gav on this one, I would accept it being added to the set but surly that would mean all reaprints would have to be added, if not already

Quit being surly, you Brits :baiting:

I agree with Gav on this one, I would accept it being added to the set but surly that would mean all reaprints would have to be added, if not already

:whatev:

Maybe I should have worded it like this...

Yes, I'd love to have it added to the scoring Chew set! But won't everybody who collects Spawn and Walking Dead start whining to have those added too? And come to think of it, everybody who owns a reprint of any book? Just trying to foresee problems, but hell yeah it's good in my book!

:ohnoez:

:whatev:

Maybe I should have worded it like this...

Yes, I'd love to have it added to the scoring Chew set! But won't everybody who collects Spawn and Walking Dead start whining to have those added too? And come to think of it, everybody who owns a reprint of any book? Just trying to foresee problems, but hell yeah it's good in my book!

:ohnoez:

We already have every other print of issue #1 in the set, so it would make sense to have this one as a scoring part of the set. Other sets can do whatever they want, as I think issues being added to a set should be on a case by case basis. (IE- Each issue being considered to be added to a set is on an island and only considered on its merits for the registry in question.)

Any chance being #1 on the registry counts for anything? I would hope the Image 1sts is not added to the registry.

Edited by branget

I thought you'd have wanted it on there Jeff. After all, WD #61 and WD #63 are on there (preview and reprinted flipbook respectively), and I can't see the difference between one reprint and another. Especially as they're all in different books away from the actual Chew title.

For me the addition of WD # 61,63 and the various reprints was all part of the Chew phenomenon. The popularity and the perfect storm for Chew to rise in price so dramatically. For this reason I like to see them all on the registry.

The Image 1sts I would lump together with TPB's and I hope TPB's never hit the registry. To me the Image 1sts were designed for those people who didn't get a chance to read Chew. The intent of all the Image 1sts for me is a cheap way for new readers to get a glimpse of all the fuss or try a new title.

Given the intent of the latest printing I am inclined to not want to slab any and prefer to hand my copies out for free which is why I bought them. (WD and Chew)

I also understand why a completist would want to slab it but as a completist myself I don't feel the need in this case. I'm hoping that if it is added to the registry that it won't be part of a competitive set which may encourage slabbing.

Just my 2c

Edited by branget

To me the Image 1sts were designed for those people who didn't get a chance to read Chew. The intent of all the Image 1sts for me is a cheap way for new readers to get a glimpse of all the fuss or try a new title.

But isn't that what all the subsequent reprints of issue #1 of Chew were for anyway? The books were selling out so they reprinted them to give readers a cheaper way to read the book. They never expected the hype that hit the book so the reprints were solely for this reason. Same for #2 through #4.

WD #63 was another example of it. I thought at first it was an attempt at a manufactured collectible but then they repeated it with Viking. It was a way to put the title out there to cover people who wanted to read Chew who hadn't managed to pick up a copy, or to get Chew across to WD readers. The ultimate aim was the same as the Image Firsts, to allow accessibility to the title cheaply.

I'll happily fall on either side of the argument when it comes to adding the Firsts to the competetive set, but if it wasn't included I'd be very disillusioned if WD #63, and especially WD #61, were left in the set. There's got to be some sort of continuity.