• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

I don't see it going much above its starting price. Has a reserve yet started at 27k...

Yes that's kind of odd but I think it will top $30K easy.

-J.

That much better presenting than the last 2 8.0s? Doesn't have the nice PQ the last 2 did.

I don't see it going much above its starting price. Has a reserve yet started at 27k...

-J.

That much better presenting than the last 2 8.0s? Doesn't have the nice PQ the last 2 did.

True. But 8.0's aren't exactly falling out of the trees and a CR/OW book can easily come back an OW book or better on a resub if it really bothered someone that much. Me personally, I give PQ the least amount of weight on a label, so long as the pages aren't brittle or noticeably Tan on the edges.

-J.

-J.

True. But 8.0's aren't exactly falling out of the trees and a CR/OW book can easily come back an OW book or better on a resub if it really bothered someone that much. Me personally, I give PQ the least amount of weight on a label, so long as the pages aren't brittle or noticeably Tan on the edges.

-J.

Oh I agree they aren't common and PQ is the least important, but 2 have been reported to GPA this year with the last one back in october for just over 29,000 and then a 7.5 in nov for 26,000.

It's a real nice looker for sure, and I think this book is poised to make a move.

The timing is good and the CR/OW PQ is not that big a deal, IMHO. Granted a white pager would be off the charts but a new to market looker like this has potential.

Didn't Barry make his appearance on Arrow recently? I watch it once the season is finished to give it an all in one go.

Think Showcase is gunna make some huge waves in the coming years

Edited by iceman399

-J.

-J.

Oh I agree they aren't common and PQ is the least important, but 2 have been reported to GPA this year with the last one back in october for just over 29,000 and then a 7.5 in nov for 26,000.

Wasn't there an 8.0 on CC that sold for $30K+ recently? Or was that an 8.5?

Yes Barry did just make his debut on Arrow. Good times. :acclaim:

-J.

-J.

-J.

-J.

There was a Showcase #4 CGC 8.0 that sold on CC for 29K & change. I was on the prowl for that one, but decided to go with an IH #1 CGC 8.0 White Mtn pedigree copy instead! :cloud9:

Edited by jaja-mon12

-J.

-J.

-J.

I can't afford one in 8.0 so didn't track it and clink doesn't report to gpa :(

I can't wait to binge on Arrow :)

:hi: Jaja

Edited by iceman399

-J.

-J.

-J.

There was a Showcase #4 CGC 8.0 that sold on CC for 29K & change. I was on the prowl for that one, but decided to go with an IH #1 CGC 8.0 White Mtn pedigree copy instead! :cloud9:

That Hulk 1 was a sweet pick up, good job on that one.

After hearing those GPA results, I am inclined to agree with you guys now, it will probably go a smidge under $30K. But it only takes two squirrels fighting over the same nut to push it past that. We shall see....

-J.

-J.

-J.

-J.

I can't afford one in 8.0 so didn't track it and clink doesn't report to gpa :(

I can't wait to binge on Arrow :)

:hi: Jaja

How ya been Eric? :hi::grin:

You still got you a sweet copy though! (thumbs u

Arrow is the bomb this season! Catch-up on it as soon as you get the chance! :headbang: I'm eager to see what CW does with the Flash pilot slated for next year. I hope its as good as Arrow! :wishluck:

I will PM you soon with some of my recent purchases & CGC submissions results buddy! :cool:

-J.

-J.

-J.

After hearing those GPA results, I am inclined to agree with you guys now, it will probably go a smidge under $30K. But it only takes two squirrels fighting over the same nut to push it past that. We shall see....

-J.

Well looks like there is already a bunch of movement on it (which is always a good sign for the seller). I still don't get why they wouldn't start it where they are happy selling it and not set the reserve, as that always scares off a number of bidders. Hopefully not that many with a book like this.

Maybe over the holidays will catch up to be current...fill the void of nothing on TV.

-J.

-J.

-J.

-J.

Thanks J, I couldn't be more happier with my IH #1! :cloud9: Yeah, $30-31K would have been my cut-off had I decided to buy the Showcase#4 on CC a few months back. hm

-J.

-J.

-J.

-J.

Well looks like there is already a bunch of movement on it (which is always a good sign for the seller). I still don't get why they wouldn't start it where they are happy selling it and not set the reserve, as that always scares off a number of bidders. Hopefully not that many with a book like this.

Maybe over the holidays will catch up to be current...fill the void of nothing on TV.

The only time a reserve makes sense to me, is if a buyer is unsure of the interest and how strong the bidding will be on an item - and they can adjust the reserve downward if the interest is light - but eBay makes it so cost-prohibitive to list with a reserve (especially if the item doesn't sell) that I think it has caused folks to shy away from listing with a reserve. I don't know, that's my theory. Otherwise I really can't see why people avoid bidding on reserve auctions - I mean you CAN always ask the seller what the reserve is - many times I have and they were pleased to provide me with this information.

It always seems when the starting price is high, the item just sits there with no bids. (shrug)

pretty weak 8.0

What see you, comic sage ???

Maybe I had the rose-colored glasses on when I looked at the 8.0 (shrug)

I'm not a buyer, so I can afford to over look the faults . . . :blush:

pretty weak 8.0

I was thinking the same thing too. I don't like the centering as much as I wanted to. Too many tick marks on spine to warrant an 8.0. Seen better looking 7.0/7.5 copies

pretty weak 8.0

What see you, comic sage ???

Maybe I had the rose-colored glasses on when I looked at the 8.0 (shrug)

I'm not a buyer, so I can afford to over look the faults . . . :blush:

Registration is off enough....spine stress and transverse spine creases...soft corners upper and lower spine. Really soft/creased top right corner. I could live with it as a 7.0/7.5 but that's me (thumbs u