• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

:signofftopic: Why are replaced staples a green label and not a purple?

Probably has something to do with the fact that it is OK under Overstreet standards up to the Fine range.

[font:Times New Roman]Thought I would scan and post this while I wait for the furnace tech

[/font]

11455543464_cee6bdfdfc_c.jpg

Beautiful low-grade copy. Presents very nicely for the grade. As I look at the cover, I really believe that OSPG should designate it as a classic cover. There's not another cover quite like it and it's extremely well-conceived. Congrats!

I agree. It was, and still is totally unique.

Yeah, looks great. Hoping to get one of those one of these days. :cloud9:

SC 4 is a top 3 silver age book, short supply and long term way

better than BB 28.

AF 15, Hulk 1 and SC 4 don't waste your money on anything else.

JJ warn you

SC 4 is a top 3 silver age book, short supply and long term way

better than BB 28.

AF 15, Hulk 1 and SC 4 don't waste your money on anything else.

JJ warn you

I wouldn't say FF1 is a waste of money... :makepoint:

I actually saw that when it was first listed. It had a buy it now of $2700 and I was so close to pulling the trigger. Then some guy placed a bid and the buy it now optioned disappeared . :(

I actually saw that when it was first listed. It had a buy it now of $2700 and I was so close to pulling the trigger. Then some guy placed a bid and the buy it now optioned disappeared . :(

So it closed at $3K. That's a strong price. But who knows if it's because the market is picking up on SC4's, or just lower grade SC4's, or if there was a pent up demand for any decent copy since one hasn't been auctioned with no reserve in awhile? (shrug) Either way, it's still the rarest of the major silver age keys in a blue label (only 198??, that's rarer than some GA keys even!!), and with the Flash getting another shot at TV/movies, the next 12-36 months should be good for this book.

-J.

So it closed at $3K. That's a strong price. But who knows if it's because the market is picking up on SC4's, or just lower grade SC4's, or if there was a pent up demand for any decent copy since one hasn't been auctioned with no reserve in awhile? (shrug) Either way, it's still the rarest of the major silver age keys in a blue label (only 198??, that's rarer than some GA keys even!!), and with the Flash getting another shot at TV/movies, the next 12-36 months should be good for this book.

-J.

I can't gauge where the Flash is going. I picked up a SC4 for around double its GPA from the last sale. That one is going up fast. Where the ceiling is, I have no idea. I wanted one, now I have it. The only reason why I was so aggressive and overpaid is because I have a 105 and a 123. At the time there were no 8's to be found that were close to GPA 27k average and I would love to know where those sales materialized.

The 105 and the 123 were soft (around 20%) compared to what they should have sold for, but the SC4 is defying gravity. We have a boardie who has turned down offers of his SC4 7.5 for 25k, then we had another boardie list his for 36k in 8 and no one knows what it eventually sold for. These are record prices. One was listed on EBay in 8 and it failed to sell. The listing poofed. I think it only went into the low 20k area. It had cream pages and didn't look like an 8, but CGC said it was.

Is it the movie run up? I've become weary of any DC movie speculation. I've never really noticed TV shows driving up prices that much or even at all. When people talk about SC4 they are referring to a new era of comics being made with its launch. Up there with FF1 and AF15. CGC says they are scarce, but I always assume that any book has only a third of its copies graded. A lot of old timers want nothing to do with CGC and don't want a bunch of kids (age comparatively) telling them what their book is. I don't mind if it skyrockets. I'm will probably never sell it. Up or down it's in my collection.

Everyone is right. Why the sudden interest in it?

Edited by passion4comics

-J.

I can't gauge where the Flash is going. I picked up a SC4 for around double its GPA from the last sale. That one is going up fast. Where the ceiling is, I have no idea. I wanted one, now I have it. The only reason why I was so aggressive and overpaid is because I have a 105 and a 123. At the time there were no 8's to be found that were close to GPA 27k average and I would love to know where those sales materialized.

The 105 and the 123 were soft (around 20%) compared to what they should have sold for, but the SC4 is defying gravity. We have a boardie who has turned down offers of his SC4 7.5 for 25k, then we had another boardie list his for 36k in 8 and no one knows what it eventually sold for. These are record prices. One was listed on EBay in 8 and it failed to sell. The listing poofed. I think it only went into the low 20k area. It had cream pages and didn't look like an 8, but CGC said it was.

Is it the movie run up? I've become weary of any DC movie speculation. I've never really noticed TV shows driving up prices that much or even at all. When people talk about SC4 they are referring to a new era of comics being made with its launch. Up there with FF1 and AF15. CGC says they are scarce, but I always assume that any book has only a third of its copies graded. A lot of old timers want nothing to do with CGC and don't want a bunch of kids (age comparatively) telling them what their book is. I don't mind if it skyrockets. I'm will probably never sell it. Up or down it's in my collection.

Pure awesomeness.

-J.

"Cream Pages" didn't keep the price of that 8.0 on ebay low. So-called "PQ" doesn't much affect keys, especially rare ones, unless of course it has slightly brittle/brittle pages. It was the fact that they were auctioning it off on ebay (wrong venue), with an extremely high starting bid, and then putting a "reserve" on it, on top of that. It probably ended up selling privately for exactly what they wanted, as it has not re-appeared on any other auction site since then.

-J.

Probably a combination of reasons. Relative keys have been rising for years while SC #4 plateaued for a bit so it's just catching up. Also media activity.