• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

it's that time of the month- post your CLINK wins/heartbreaks

620 posts in this topic

I wonder if any of this has to do with the "move" to Maine. The line on the November/December shipping delay was "because of the holidays." Sounds like they're still having trouble, or have changed their shipping model. It was my understanding (and experience) that they only held big checks. In the past, I've received books within a week of mailing my check.

I wonder if any of this has to do with the "move" to Maine. The line on the November/December shipping delay was "because of the holidays." Sounds like they're still having trouble, or have changed their shipping model. It was my understanding (and experience) that they only held big checks. In the past, I've received books within a week of mailing my check.

It may have more to do with the very short time between the end of the Feb auction and the beginning of the March auction.

According to Fed Ex tracking, my Feb winnings are scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

I'm not neccesarily out to defend C-Link here...as they should hire an extra hand if need be, but 3,000-4,000 certified books every month, divided among several hundred seperate orders, is an ambitious amount to receive, import into seller's accounts, scan, list at auction, pull, pack, and ship in a timely manner.

I think if we as buyer's love the deals, we're going to have to get used to the sub-par service. Its a package deal I'm afraid.

Consequently, my items this month were pulled and shipped very quickly after payment, so I really have nothing to complain about.

I'm not neccesarily out to defend C-Link here...as they should hire an extra hand if need be, but 3,000-4,000 certified books every month, divided among several hundred seperate orders, is an ambitious amount to receive, import into seller's accounts, scan, list at auction, pull, pack, and ship in a timely manner.

I think if we as buyer's love the deals, we're going to have to get used to the sub-par service. Its a package deal I'm afraid.

Consequently, my items this month were pulled and shipped very quickly after payment, so I really have nothing to complain about.

On another note, anybody received their payouts from February? I think that auction ended mid Feb so we're getting close to the 30 day mark (unless I am misremembering the end dates).

I've had mixed experiences of checks arriving very shortly after the auction to having to call a bunch of times to find out what's up.

On another note, anybody received their payouts from February? I think that auction ended mid Feb so we're getting close to the 30 day mark (unless I am misremembering the end dates).

I've had mixed experiences of checks arriving very shortly after the auction to having to call a bunch of times to find out what's up.

I received my check for the Jan Focused auction the first day of Mar. Seeing as how the auction ended in late Jan, I didn't expect it any sooner

They appear to be fairly slow this month. I won some books on Tuesday 2/16, had the check in the mail by Wednesday 2/17, the check got deposited slowly and cleared on 2/26, and still no shipment notice two weeks following the clear. It irritates me when I'm considering bidding on this month's auctions when they haven't even shipped last month's stuff yet, particularly if I'm at the back of some line just because I paid by check when I've had almost ten years of prompt, problem-free high-dollar buying. :eyeroll:

HA! I just now got a FedEx shipment notification that my February buys have been scheduled for shipment. hm

I received my check for the Jan Focused auction the first day of Mar. Seeing as how the auction ended in late Jan, I didn't expect it any sooner

I haven't gotten paid yet, but I won't follow up until the mar. auction is done.

Speak it. I'm less afraid of pressing than of simply more Bronze Age books being slabbed, thus causing the price to fall.

Ex. Defenders # 1 in 9.6. Current FMV/GPA is around $550, down from $801 just two years ago. Fast forward 5 years and many more slabbed, then what?

Free Comic Book Day! (shrug)

:roflmao:

This is the funniest post I've read all year, thanks for the laugh.

Comiclink does a pretty good job considering that they take the lowest amount of the sale as anyone big out there.

They are taking 10% of the sale, compared to almost 30% for Heritage.

Between Ebay regular fees and Paypal fees, Ebay is running to 15-20% (although you are going to need to know the day of the week and the astrological sign to get an exact number, given how often they change their fee structure)

So, would people prefer to pay 10% extra to get a nice website and fast shipping?

I'm content with Comiclink as is.

They ship slowly and their website is terrible, but so far it seems like they are eventually getting everyone their books and money, and are taking a pretty small slice to do so.

There's a lot of seething rage here over a delay of 1-2 weeks. Could Clink handle the processing of checks/MOs better? Sure. Do they deserve to be burned at the stake for this? I don't think so.

:whatthe:

I agree with Tim.

And who are you going to get to replace them?

Brent? Maybe

Doug? Um, he has shown too much ethical flaws for me to be purchasing from there.

Heritage? Buyers premium is too rich for my blood.

eBay is still a good choice

I haven't gotten paid yet, but I won't follow up until the mar. auction is done.

I got paid last week. :banana:

I got paid last week. :banana:

I got paid for the Jan Auction exactly 30 days after the Jan Auction ended.

I wonder if any of this has to do with the "move" to Maine.

Probably. It must be really hard to hire good hired help in Maine. I mean, anyone of decent quality and ambition has already moved to Massachusetts, right?

:jokealert:

here's a wild thought: have an auction in which you can effectively handle the number of books in the auction. lol on second thought, i've sheathed my seething rage due to clink's announcement that for the march auction they will immediately ship your books and you can pay them whenever you feel like it.

here's a wild thought: have an auction in which you can effectively handle the number of books in the auction. lol

Eh, you're thinking like some namby-pamby back office bean counter.

A true entrepeneur goes charging out to take advantage of a hot opportunity, and simply hopes that the logistical trains can follow closely enough behind him to execute on the opportunity.

Or as Richard Branson would say, "Details, details!"

Comiclink does a pretty good job considering that they take the lowest amount of the sale as anyone big out there.

They are taking 10% of the sale, compared to almost 30% for Heritage.

Between Ebay regular fees and Paypal fees, Ebay is running to 15-20% (although you are going to need to know the day of the week and the astrological sign to get an exact number, given how often they change their fee structure)

So, would people prefer to pay 10% extra to get a nice website and fast shipping?

I'm content with Comiclink as is.

They ship slowly and their website is terrible, but so far it seems like they are eventually getting everyone their books and money, and are taking a pretty small slice to do so.

There's a lot of seething rage here over a delay of 1-2 weeks. Could Clink handle the processing of checks/MOs better? Sure. Do they deserve to be burned at the stake for this? I don't think so.

:whatthe:

I agree with Tim.

And who are you going to get to replace them?

Brent? Maybe

Doug? Um, he has shown too much ethical flaws for me to be purchasing from there.

Heritage? Buyers premium is too rich for my blood.

eBay is still a good choice

Where are you getting these numbers? You are way off if you are selling books worth more than a few bucks.

It was my understanding that Heritage typically charges the seller 10% and the buyer 19.5%. Are my numbers wrong?

For Ebay, it looks like I may have estimated too high, since they aren't flat percentages. I think I was also looking at the Buy-it-Now percentages rather than the auction style. I've also always sold fairly cheap stuff on Ebay, so I didn't realize how much they scale down.

If I'm reading Ebay's current fees correctly, you would pay the following for an auction-style sale--

$100 final value ($2 insertion + $4.80 final value fee + $2.90 paypal fee) = 9.7%

$1000 final value ($4 insertion + 37.19 final value fee + $29 paypal fee) = 7.2%

So for all the complaints about Ebay's fee structure, they do look to be the low cost provider if you are selling books that cost more than $100.

Where are you getting these numbers? You are way off if you are selling books worth more than a few bucks.