• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the grade game!

310 posts in this topic

He said when I discussed cgc grading years ago, "if you don't like the grade they give it, keep submitting it until you get the grade you want" And this was a total turn off for me.

Of course it was, because you're a total tool who believes what he wants to hear about CGC. Do you really believe if you keep submitting an 8.5 it will come back a 9.4 someday? A 9.2 will come back a 9.8 someday? A 5.0 will come back a 7.0?

Either you're talking bollocks or the dealer was. If a dealer ever said it in the first place.

another perfect example of a person who will take an idea and bash it with really

silly examples.

what was meant by resubmitting until you get the grade you want is when you have

a really really nice comic that could go either 9.2 or 9.4. When the price difference

between the two grades is many multiples it behooves the submitter to try it multiple

times. There is a really good chance it will eventually come back a 9.4 and the

submitter reaps the rewards of having some patience and knowing how to use the

system to his advantage.

inconsistency is used as an advantage by insiders who know how the game is

played.

but then i am tired of spelling things out for folks who want to bash without any

critical thinking.

And there have been numerous instances where a book has been submitted multiple times to hit a 9.8 and came back a 9.6 every time. I'm tired of answering eedjits in this thread who know better.

that is probably because the book was never a 9.7 to begin with. another example

of picking some anal aspect to argue when the original comment had more then

just a grain of truth to it.

and more name calling... typical from this place and many of its members.

He said when I discussed cgc grading years ago, "if you don't like the grade they give it, keep submitting it until you get the grade you want" And this was a total turn off for me.

Of course it was, because you're a total tool who believes what he wants to hear about CGC. Do you really believe if you keep submitting an 8.5 it will come back a 9.4 someday? A 9.2 will come back a 9.8 someday? A 5.0 will come back a 7.0?

Either you're talking bollocks or the dealer was. If a dealer ever said it in the first place.

another perfect example of a person who will take an idea and bash it with really

silly examples.

what was meant by resubmitting until you get the grade you want is when you have

a really really nice comic that could go either 9.2 or 9.4. When the price difference

between the two grades is many multiples it behooves the submitter to try it multiple

system to his advantage.

played.

but then i am tired of spelling things out for folks who want to bash without any

critical thinking.

And there have been numerous instances where a book has been submitted multiple times to hit a 9.8 and came back a 9.6 every time. I'm tired of answering eedjits in this thread who know better.

that is probably because the book was never a 9.7 to begin with.

No mess Sherlock.

Were' talking about a book that is $65,000 in 9.2 and this one's slabbed 9.4. With the almighty "Guarantee" that isn't "Guaranteed". Why are MOST of you people defending them over this book? This thread would have been so easy if people "guessed" but apparently, your afraid to admit the truth. It's obvious. I guess I would too if I had a collection full of slabbed 9.2-9.8's hm

I'll go now, no need to spin in circles. A few people already admitted it. I just wanted to hear it from someone else so I'd know I wasn't going nuts.

Thanks for your help.

:golfclap:

:hi:

Nobody is defending them over the book.

I stated that I can't accurately grade a book from a scan, but was leaning towards no.

Others have already stated that the book may have been overgraded.

Some don't care.

What do you want?

People to tell you that CGC is not perfect?

What sort of guarantee to you get from other things in life?

What sort of guarantee do you want from CGC?

I haven't heard one person make an argument that it could be a 9.6. Because THEY/YOU & I KNOW it's not a 9.4. If WE know this, how can the GRADING GODS not know this?

&, this was not on my agenda when I joined this forum.

Thanks again.

GOOD LUCK!

Were' talking about a book that is $65,000 in 9.2 and this one's slabbed 9.4. With the almighty "Guarantee" that isn't "Guaranteed". Why are MOST of you people defending them over this book? This thread would have been so easy if people "guessed" but apparently, your afraid to admit the truth. It's obvious. I guess I would too if I had a collection full of slabbed 9.2-9.8's hm

I'll go now, no need to spin in circles. A few people already admitted it. I just wanted to hear it from someone else so I'd know I wasn't going nuts.

Thanks for your help.

I stated that I can't accurately grade a book from a scan, but was leaning towards no.

Some don't care.

What do you want?

I haven't heard one person make an argument that it could be a 9.6. Because THEY/YOU & I KNOW it's not a 9.4. If WE know this, how can the GRADING GODS not know this?

Thanks again.

GOOD LUCK!

You never did answer my question.

silly examples.

system to his advantage.

played.

critical thinking.

that is probably because the book was never a 9.7 to begin with. another example

Does it really work? I mean, saying the same thing over & over again does that somehow make it true? Because, I have to say, I wish my reality worked that way as well.

And, yes, I'll happily continue with the name-calling - your earnest claim that you can just keep on re-submitting a book till you get the grade you want does make you an "eedjit". If you don't like the label, stop acting like one.

silly examples.

system to his advantage.

played.

critical thinking.

Does it really work? I mean, saying the same thing over & over again does that somehow make it true? Because, I have to say, I wish my reality worked that way as well.

And, yes, I'll happily continue with the name-calling - your earnest claim that you can just keep on re-submitting a book till you get the grade you want does make you an "eedjit". If you don't like the label, stop acting like one.

i think the concept of resubmitting an in between the grades book has been discussed

quite thoroughly. If it comes back with the lower grade... just keep resubmitting

it until you get the next grade up. Naturally this requires the person to actually

know how to grade like cgc does and being able to recognize the correct situation.

why do crack artists exist? because they can recognize when cgc gave a comic

a grade too low and a resubmission will probably result in a grade bump. If they

are sure of it they may try more then once.

basically to deny this simple statement/premise is to think cgc is infallible and

grading is not subjective.

if the grade does not fit, one has to resubmit is the joking phrase people use for

third party grading.

Thanks for your help.

Some don't care.

What do you want?

Thanks again.

GOOD LUCK!

I just erased an answer that was probably a full page. I asked myself. What's the point. If you don't get it by now........

But I will say this, "what guarantee I would like to see, is one that matches guidelines set forth beforehand, that everyone is well aware of", but in this case, there are no guidelines to go by, so there is no way to guarantee anything. So, you go ahead and keep buying a guarantee that has no guarantee. Like in TOMMY BOY, what's he say? Something like... "I can put a guarantee on the box if it makes you feel warm in fuzzy inside...." Cause that's all you got, a guarantee on the box that's worth $0.

OMG I just read this thread and just realized I can save 9.95 a month by cancelling my GPA account because CGC books are priced by Overstreet so all that sales data is totally useless. :insane: Nevermind the fact that CGC and Overstreet grading standards are different. :gossip:This hobby is still very new compared to cards, coins, and stamps. CGC is a safety net for people who are just getting started or for long time collector to feel safer on bigger purchases. Oh and that Sensation comic that started this whole mess I could care if it's 9.4, 9.3, 9.2, 9.0 or heck 1.8 not my cup of tea.

Thanks for your help.

Some don't care.

What do you want?

Thanks again.

GOOD LUCK!

I just erased an answer that was probably a full page. I asked myself. What's the point. If you don't get it by now........

But I will say this, "what guarantee I would like to see, is one that matches guidelines set forth beforehand, that everyone is well aware of", but in this case, there are no guidelines to go by, so there is no way to guarantee anything. So, you go ahead and keep buying a guarantee that has no guarantee. Like in TOMMY BOY, what's he say? Something like... "I can put a guarantee on the box if it makes you feel warm in fuzzy inside...." Cause that's all you got, a guarantee on the box that's worth $0.

i dont think we want to understand your point now, seems like you have just come on here to fight, so you can leave now so we dont have to read your bull anymore

i usually never speak up with this sort of thing, im hear to learn, but there is nothing that i can learn from you that i haven't already heard about on here before

I'm afraid there truly were no winners in this Guess The Grade game. :(

Not true :sumo: I got both the grade and the PQ.

Yeah, but you had to cheat. Way to go and spoil the game for everyone! (tsk)

You're just lucky you're already a part of "the mob" here. :whee:

I'm afraid there truly were no winners in this Guess The Grade game. :(

Not true :sumo: I got both the grade and the PQ.

Yeah, but you had to cheat. Way to go and spoil the game for everyone! (tsk)

You're just lucky you're already a part of "the mob" here. :whee:

I recused myself from submitting the grade, as I had just seen this book in my Heritage Auction catalogue... :insane:

Honorable Tom

Then why put a grade on the label. Just say "unrestored" or "restored", and list the details as much as possible on the label. State any defects & Don't say a grade. SIMPLE FIX!

NOW THIS would be an asset!

:takeit:

MY GOD YOU ARE ING DENSE.

:gossip: Boozad pulled a Cobra... :o

Only when the wife's got a headache (thumbs u

lol

I'd trust CGC over some meathead sitting in his mom's basement trying to grade a book using your precious OUT OF DATE overstreet. Are they perfect? NO. But grading is subjective.

Like I said, and what you seem to not understand. CGC has changed the hobby for the better. For the most part, I no longer have to trust another persons grading and get screwed over. I am talking about books I buy online. I usually don't mind buying raw in person as I mostly buy from dealer friends.