• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IN your entire collection, what's your favorite 2 boooks?

99 posts in this topic

Daredevil #1 in VG/F that my best friend and I bought together in Middle School, which I've inherited after he was killed in an accident. Never for sale.

That would definitely be worth keeping.

Pretty much that makes all the other books insignificant.

A book with a real history behind it, and the fact that every time you look at that book it must make you remember your friend.

Araich, Beaumonts, love those pulp covers!

---

Although this book is restored and not particularly valuable, it is probably

my 2nd favorite - just really like the cover. Very hard to find this nice - only

other comparable copy I've ever seen was an unrestored VF- that sold at

Heritage last spring (didn't bid on that because I liked this one better).

wdcs3_s.jpg

JLA 21 CGC 9.4 White Pages - a long sought grail book I recently added. cloud9.gif

JLA 9 CGC 9.4 - Origin A little added drama with this one before the outcome

To Timely - That is one mother of a book! acclaim.gifacclaim.gifthumbsup2.gif goes out to you.

To CentaurMan - That MF has one of my favorite Spectre covers. A classic. Thanks for sharing! flowerred.gif

Araich, Beaumonts, love those pulp covers!

Thanks hkp....although the book I posted is indeed a pulp...the book that Beaumonts posted is actually a comic...which BTW is on my "much wanted" list... thumbsup2.gif

I'm only an FF guy now, so it's very hard to choose two books from that run...

That said, two stand out for me personally. Fantastic Four #11 and #13, two comics I remember reading over and over when I was a kid in the 70's (while dying to find an original copy. Now I have both! cloud9.gif)

Dan grin.gif

rather than go with most valuable or nicest looking, i'm going with my two favorite comics of all time; FF#4 (reintro of Subby) and Flash #123 (reintro of the original flash). these are two that i read over and over, so are not pristine enough to bother posting.

BTW - love all the scans so far. redhook; i almost opted for Avengers #4 and that runs a close 3d by me 893applaud-thumb.gif

My two favorites:

1). Uncle Scrooge #1 (Four Color 386): I wanted this book ever since I was a little kid and it was great to FINALLY have enough money to buy one (signed by Carl Barks no less!)

2). Archie #1.