• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk #181 club

818 posts in this topic

I asked Anthony (Pirate) about It for the Mid-Ohio Con and he said he'd see what he could do (After all, you never know what an artist might or might not be willing to do).

Well, he said Herb took it as a 'challenge' to try and fix it! Herb took great delight in it!

Major kudos to Anthony for helping me out with this! Herb Trimpe is one cool dude!

I hear that Anthony and Sean worked their butts off at that show getting books done and they came through big time! Major kudos!

Here are scans of two of my three HULK #181 copies.

None are CGC graded.

My first is a low-grade copy here.

H181A.jpg

My second is a recent purchase from Mile High (under $200) for what they graded as a 6.0 from the Dallas Stephens Collection.

I believe it may be slightly better than a 6.0 even with that mark in the white area at the right edge of FC...but what the heck do I know???

H181BF.jpgH181BB.jpgH181MVS.jpgH181ZCOA.jpg

My third copy would grade around an 8.0.

I'm too scared to touch it/scan it (yeah, I'm a coward).

Does this qualify me as a member?

Here are scans of two of my three HULK #181 copies.

None are CGC graded.

My first is a low-grade copy here.

H181A.jpg

My second is a recent purchase from Mile High (under $200) for what they graded as a 6.0 from the Dallas Stephens Collection.

I believe it may be slightly better than a 6.0 even with that mark in the white area at the right edge of FC...but what the heck do I know???

H181BF.jpgH181BB.jpgH181MVS.jpgH181ZCOA.jpg

My third copy would grade around an 8.0.

I'm too scared to touch it/scan it (yeah, I'm a coward).

Does this qualify me as a member ?

Yes,it does (thumbs u

An undergraded Mile High Purchase? And on a Hulk 181!

Who'd a thunk it?

That mark would be viewed as a stain by CGC and 6.0 is pretty close to what it would grade. You will not see any 8.0's with stains like that to both covers.