• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ADVENTURE COMICS # 73:rare?

51 posts in this topic

I've wanted reading copies of Adventure 72-79 for decades, but I never see them offered affordably. Truth be told, I've not scoured the net looking for them because I just assumed they were out of my league, 72 and 73 particularly.

Should I start looking again?

I've wanted reading copies of Adventure 72-79 for decades, but I never see them offered affordably. Truth be told, I've not scoured the net looking for them because I just assumed they were out of my league, 72 and 73 particularly.

Should I start looking again?

I used to toy with collecting affordble copies of 73-80, and while 73 and 79 were always pricey, I would follow ebay auctions for the other issues and they usually sold for less than guide in the lower grades, probably around $150-$250 in 2.0 - 3.0 raw a few years ago, don't know about now, but I don't get the impression the run has become hot recently.

The terms "scarce" and "rare" are often highly overused and exaggerated on ebay. :gossip:

Scarce is used in Overstreet for this book as well, not just ebay.

Bruce

Metro has 3 copies, so I think they're both wrong.

IT really is a classic cover.

I've sold two copies over the past 6 years.

I had the Cage F- and a F+.

I bought both books relatively cheaply.

I found that it sells at a substantial discount to guide.

Someone looking to complete the run might pay up for a copy but there is little to no liquidity if you need to sell the book.

You have to find the relatively few customers who appreciate the artwork that might pay up for the book.

I believe the buyer of the F+ tried to flip it through Comiclink within a few moths after the purchase and sold the book for Around a $1,000 less than he paid.

IT really is a classic cover.

I've sold two copies over the past 6 years.

I had the Cage F- and a F+.

I bought both books relatively cheaply.

I found that it sells at ajavascript:void(0) (shrug) substantial discount to guide.

Someone looking to complete the run might pay up for a copy but there is little to no liquidity if you need to sell the book.

You have to find the relatively few customers who appreciate the artwork that might pay up for the book.

I believe the buyer of the F+ tried to flip it through Comiclink within a few moths after the purchase and sold the book for Around a $1,000 less than he paid.

Ouch :eek:

I traded away my 75 ..."Villain of Valhalla" after I found out about the Sandman reprint volume. It's probably my favorite of the batch and I got it in a Heritage auction at guide. The dealer I traded it to still has it a year later. 10 years ago these things would have turned quickly at multiples...not anymore. About the only S&K stuff that is still aggressive is the Cap material...and I have no idea why. The Kirby stuff used to be top shelf. Boy Commandos have some of his best work and they frequently go for half guide, as do the Star Spangled.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

The terms "scarce" and "rare" are often highly overused and exaggerated on ebay. :gossip:

Scarce is used in Overstreet for this book as well, not just ebay.

Bruce

Metro has 3 copies, so I think they're both wrong.

10k is not worth it for a character that is not popular. try re-selling it and see how long it really takes. I saw 2 of mteros copies. The restored one if I remember right had a clipped page too. I wouldnt spend 3k for the other one either. Cool cover, though but when I buy Adventures , Sandman gets top priority. 40, 42, 44, 46, 47, 51 and 61. I have 5 to go :P