• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Walking Dead #1 Club

1,679 posts in this topic

Sheesh! That poor book looks like it went through a wash and dry cycle!

:ohnoez:

So, my LCS just got one graded and got it back a .5.... I guess he just felt like spending money (shrug)

what do they want for it?

:takeit: for $18 for two reasons... 1) I can be part of TWD #1 club and 2) Have the lowest graded #1 bar none!

lol

Is that the one where some guy had it in his car for years and years? The comic store owner posted the pic and everyone said you have to grade it?

He posted it on facebook when he first got it then graded it. But I don't know if the original owner either left it in his car for years or for weeks.

This is how I don't get CGC grading. I've seen some GARBAGE books with tape, pieces missing, sun damaged, etc, that have graded higher than that. Does that get the drop because it's a modern? It's a bad shape, but a .5?

I'm guessing there's water damage involved, maybe you can't even open all the pages. Cgc drops the hammer on water damage. 2c