• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Walking Dead #1 Club

1,679 posts in this topic

Kirkman and Moore and doing grading now also?

Awesome!

Watch out CGC

Haha you never know! With the private signing that Kirkman set up with CGC @ SDCC, he probably did end up grading my #1 himself. I can only hope :)

Excited to have joined the club. Purchased this one off of eBay, it's in really good condition, to the point where a 9.8 wouldn't surprise me (and a 9.6 would completely crush me).

Curious if anyone knows, since this book has already been signed but wasn't signed through CGC witnesses, how would it work if I sent it in to be graded? Will they not grade signed books, even as non-signature series?

Is there no point grading a signed book that isn't validated by CGC?

Anyway, excited to be joining the club anyway, and very grateful for all the feedback about the White vs. Black labeling.

walkingdead-1A.jpg

You could submit the book but it would come back the dreaded green label.

Not necessarily. It could still get a blue label with the un-witnessed signature affecting the grade as a defect, i.e., writing on the comic book.

WTTB

-J.

If I understand correctly, that only applies to books in less than a certain condition. In this case, it looks like a Green Label is warranted. If the signature was on the inside of the book, it would receive a Blue Label, but would be knocked down a few grades due to the signature.