• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

March Madness Grading Tournament Round of 32

335 posts in this topic

I just told my wife that I would give that book a 9.2 if not for the miswrap. :frustrated:

Congrats Warlord.

I put it as an 8.5.

Guess I am just too hard on these books.

I ignored the miswrap in my grading. Don't know if that's the right thing to do or not per usual CGC grades or if there were other factors that we simply couldn't appreciate in this scan. (shrug)

But I'm glad it worked in this case! Sorry, Arcade! :foryou:

I would have gone 8.5-9.0 (likely 8.5) based upon the color breaking on the miswrap on the back, but wouldn't have taken off for the fugly miswrap. See you in the next round...

THE SWEET SIXTEEN MATCHUPS

NORTHWEST

1. Comicdey

vs.

5. Warlord

3. DDS

vs.

15. thehumantorch

SOUTHWEST

7. Cheezywhiz

vs.

3. DiceX

5. sckao

vs.

9. kryptospidey

NORTHEAST

8. JerryZ

vs.

13. Blowupthemoon

6. Frankbears

vs.

10. Drewincanada

SOUTHEAST

7. Pirate

vs.

6. ckp1680

4. Divad

vs.

1. Etanick

I just told my wife that I would give that book a 9.2 if not for the miswrap. :frustrated:

Let that be a lesson to you :grin: A mis-wrap is an unavoidable (and unfortunate) manufacturing defect and does not contribute to the determination of the structural grade, whatsoever.

Let that be a lesson to you :grin: A mis-wrap is an unavoidable (and unfortunate) manufacturing defect and does not contribute to the determination of the structural grade, whatsoever.

Yea, I actually thought about that. But the more I stared at the horrible presentation of that book I just could not give it a 9.2.

I still had fun and will be back next year. I will also of course keep playing the next few rounds against Warlords opponents to see how I would have done.

check out this Avengers 9.2 that was just listed at CL. I do see a few similar flaws as the one in this contest. Perhaps the biggest difference is the CL's copy is cleaner and if the scan at CL was twice the size, perhaps the flaws on the top and bottom, as well as along the spine are similar to the one in this contest.

Regardless, I must figure out a way to adjust to the larger scans so minor flaws won't take the big hits as in the last round.

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fnewitems%2Easp%3F%5FSORT%3DYES%26Type%3D%26f1%3Di%2ELastUpdate%26ODire1%3DDESC%26f2%3Di%2ETitle%26ODire2%3DASC%26f3%3Di%2EIssueNumber%252C%2Bi%2EVolumeNumber%26ODire3%3DASC&id=841218

Four of the original top 10 seeds are still in the running.

Lowest seed still in the game is thehumantorch.

2. Comicdey 22- 1

3. Etanick 23- 3

9. DiceX 20- 3

10. DDS 16- 1

15. Divad 17- 2

18. sckao 17- 3

19. Warlord 17- 3

21. frankbearss 17- 4

23. ckp1680 15- 3

27. Cheezywhiz 14- 3

28. Pirate 14- 3

30. JerryZ 14- 4