• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

March Madness Grading Tournament Round of 32

335 posts in this topic

I stand my my grade of 7.0 for that Avengers. That's a midgrade book. I am seriously in awe that the book made it to 9.4 and they were fine with that lol

I trust CGC grading and love the service they provide, but I think this was almost like a "trick" question in a way. Hard to guess the grade on a book when the grade is so botched.

I'm still working on the scoring tabulations, but wanted to address the grade on the Avengers. First it is never my intention to use books that will trick the competitors ( and I understand the vein the term was used in- so no problem there). It was an old label 9.0 and the more I looked at it, the more I thought it was a solid 9.2. It really is a nice book. I think what happens sometimes is, when a book is scanned, especially at higher res and magnified to larger than its actual size, some types of flaws become magnified. I select books to use based on the appearance of the book, I haven't been viewing the scans in as much detail as I now realize I should, and by the time grades were coming in at 8.0- it was too late.

I didn't see it as a major issue, because there was still an even playing field for everyone. I'll chalk it up to valuable experience and I'll check the scans more closely in the future. :sorry:

I stand my my grade of 7.0 for that Avengers. That's a midgrade book. I am seriously in awe that the book made it to 9.4 and they were fine with that lol

I trust CGC grading and love the service they provide, but I think this was almost like a "trick" question in a way. Hard to guess the grade on a book when the grade is so botched.

I'm still working on the scoring tabulations, but wanted to address the grade on the Avengers. First it is never my intention to use books that will trick the competitors ( and I understand the vein the term was used in- so no problem there). It was an old label 9.0 and the more I looked at it, the more I thought it was a solid 9.2. It really is a nice book. I think what happens sometimes is, when a book is scanned, especially at higher res and magnified to larger than its actual size, some types of flaws become magnified. I select books to use based on the appearance of the book, I haven't been viewing the scans in as much detail as I now realize I should, and by the time grades were coming in at 8.0- it was too late.

I didn't see it as a major issue, because there was still an even playing field for everyone. I'll chalk it up to valuable experience and I'll check the scans more closely in the future. :sorry:

It's all good. Everyone saw the same thing (Thumbs u

I'm still working on the scoring tabulations, but wanted to address the grade on the Avengers.

I had this as moisture damage.

35ncvw7.jpg

Congrats to Dice X because I don't see how I could possibly win. :(

I may have. :cry:

Avengers 93 OW-W = 8.0 = 0 (I should get minus points for that one.)

Daredevil 21 OW = 8.5 = 0

Iron Man 47 CR-OW = 9.0 = 10

Journey Into Mystery 105 OW-W = 7.0 = 20

Thirty points is major suckage. :cry:

Avengers - 7.5

DD - 8.0

Iron Man - 9.0

JIM - 7.5

Pretty sure that makes you the winner. Congrats! :golfclap:

Win it all and make me proud. :)

Congrats to Dice X because I don't see how I could possibly win. :(

I may have. :cry:

Avengers 93 OW-W = 8.0 = 0 (I should get minus points for that one.)

Daredevil 21 OW = 8.5 = 0

Iron Man 47 CR-OW = 9.0 = 10

Journey Into Mystery 105 OW-W = 7.0 = 20

Thirty points is major suckage. :cry:

Avengers - 7.5

DD - 8.0

Iron Man - 9.0

JIM - 7.5

Pretty sure that makes you the winner. Congrats! :golfclap:

Win it all and make me proud. :)

It couldn't have been any closer.

I suppose I suck, but you suck more. :eek:

If I'm going to win I'll need to step up the game a LOT.

fighting0087.gif

:news:ROUND OF 32 FINAL SCORES :news:

WE HAVE ONE OVERTIME GAME :eek:

If you have any questions, shoot me a PM.

Congrats to the winners- it was a tough round. :acclaim:(worship)

Comicdey 60

Thedanimal 40

Warlord 35

Arcade 35

DDS 20

MrLatko 17

ARK 27

thehumantorch 30

AJD 25

Cheezywhiz 40

bryan91 15

DiceX 30

Dollarbill 35

sckao 40

kryptospidey 30

Jeffro 22

Toro 40

JerryZ 50

TimMay 27

Blowupthemoon 30

Shadow 20

Frankbears 27

Drewincanada 55

Zuckuss2003 47

Cmack 12

Pirate 25

ckp1680 30

TSwift25 15

Divad 55

DCman 20

Jessebrooke1 30

Etanick 50

Comicdey. Nice job. I knew u you were toying with me on that last grade. You gave them to me out of order so i figured you nailed it and just found it funny to bring me down to the wire. Glad its finally over lol

you did well and better than most.....good game. :whee: