• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

March Madness Grading Tournament Round of 32

335 posts in this topic

Creepy but a fantastic sculpture! Looks like silicone but probably resin or something cheaper.

You actually think thats a sculpture lol the 2 full size babies heads are in different postions

Classic photoshop if Ive ever seen it..

Creepy but a fantastic sculpture! Looks like silicone but probably resin or something cheaper.

Google "Ron Mueck". :gossip:

He did the baby's head you posted, too. And if you ever hear about a show of his in your area, GO SEE IT. Phenomenal.

You actually think thats a sculpture lol the 2 full size babies heads are in different postions

Uh.... it IS a sculpture. I've seen it in person.

Check out this one. It's huge. If this guy was standing, he'd be 20 feet tall. Every blood vessel, every pore, every hair is perfect. Make sure you zoom in on it.

Ron Mueck "Big Man"

Uh.... it IS a sculpture. I've seen it in person. [/quote

Why would anyone have a sculpture of that???

It doesnt even look in place in that picture You may be right but I sure wouldnt want to look at that :sick:

I know these are sculptures. Pretty obvious actually. The paint work looks like paint to me. Very detailed and realistic though and I can see how you'd be fooled.

Because artists are always looking to make realistic pieces to floor people and get them to think..or just something to set themselves apart.

Still have to appreciate the kind of work involved in a sculpture of this magnitude.

A huge clay sculpture..probably a fiberglass mold. A massive multipiece casting, then insanely detailed airbrushed and hand painted job. Very cool!

I seem to recall you're right about the clay base. I think the final sculptures are resin. The colour is actually embedded in the resin rather than painted on, so it has depth and translucence, just like real skin. The veins are below the surface, not painted on.

Here's a clip of some of his stuff:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/816457/ron_mueck_australian_hyperrealist_sculptor/

doh!:ohnoez::pullhair:PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR USERNAMES IN ALL PM'S :rulez:(tsk):pullhair:meh

OK- I'm going to have to be more specific, because I'm still getting PM'd grades without usernames. Please include your username somewhere in the body of the message. :sorry:

I know it may not seem important, but to ensure acurate recording of the grades and protect against foul play, which has been attempted in the past, this is critical.

I know it may not seem important, but to ensure acurate recording of the grades and protect against [font:Arial Black]foul play, which has been attempted in the past,[/font] this is critical.

:o

Really?? That's sad.

We need names! Banish them!

I seem to recall you're right about the clay base. I think the final sculptures are resin. The colour is actually embedded in the resin rather than painted on, so it has depth and translucence, just like real skin. The veins are below the surface, not painted on.

Here's a clip of some of his stuff:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/816457/ron_mueck_australian_hyperrealist_sculptor/

Ya he probably casts them in translucent resin and lightly tints them to give them that translucent look. They're definitely also painted as well though..you can't get that realistic look by tinted resin alone.

People have actually tried to cheat in this contest? Wow that's low!