• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers # 1 and # 4 Club
12 12

1,089 posts in this topic

Sent Peter Palmer/Adam a 2.0 for a Stan Lee siggie and it looks lie it's coming home to Papa with as a 2.5!

:whee:

:headbang:

:o Being in the presence of "The Man" scared that book up a half grade!! :applause:

2.5? Thats Mega high grade for you? Right? lol...

I am only kidding ya. I tend to buy lower grade copies also! (thumbs u Congrats on the bump!!!

@ Roy--definitely a nice copy! What grade do you think it is? Is this a keeper or renter?

@ Bronze age fan--you'd be surprised! Typically, it's my Silver Age collection that is low grade, but I recently completed a near-high grade collection of SS TMNT 1-4 (with #s 1 & 3 being mid grade). But the later the book, the easier it is to buy; the earlier they come, well, more money outta the wallet! :)

@ Roy--definitely a nice copy! What grade do you think it is? Is this a keeper or renter?

I bought the book for resale. Should grade 6.5/7.0

Just got word this morning about my Avengers #4.

It was a CGC 7.0, but I cracked it out and got Stan to sign it at the Toronto Fan Expo. Sharon from Desert Wind suggested I could also get Joe Simon to sign it, so I left the book with Sharon. Off it went to CGC, then back to Desert Wind for Joe's sig at NYCC, then back to CGC again for grading/slabbing.

I was concerned about all that tooing and froing, and the book being taken out of the mylar so many times - especially because there were a couple of Marvel chips that were in danger or being torn further, or bent back.

But the word is that it's still a lovely CGC 7.0, except now it's a double Signature Series.

:whee:

I'll post a shot once I get it back from CGC.

Very sweet, Roy. A NYC purchase?

Sorry I missed this post. It was not an NYC purchase. The book graded a 6.0, which surprised me but I think CGC has tightened up a touch in the past few weeks.

Very sweet, Roy. A NYC purchase?

Sorry I missed this post. It was not an NYC purchase. The book graded a 6.0, which surprised me but I think CGC has tightened up a touch in the past few weeks.

Wow. :(

I find it hard to believe that book got a 6.0. I thought for sure it was a 7.0.

My 6.0 #1 doesn't look as nice as that:

Avengers01-60.jpg

I just won a low grade copy Avengers 4. This was a bit of an impulse buy. Its my second major key. I will post a scan when it comes in.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=170562425226&si=L%252Be%252BcR8ecFilfZs4afAHUm1i73E%253D&viewitem=

How did I do?

I think you paid a fair price for the book. It's definitely low grade but not too horrible. A few things I am wondering that arent mentioned...is the cover attached? If not, I feel you over paid. Is the centerfold attached? If not, I feel you overpaid.

If those two items are fine...you got a nice deal for an awesome comic.

(thumbs u

I just won a low grade copy Avengers 4. This was a bit of an impulse buy. Its my second major key. I will post a scan when it comes in.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=170562425226&si=L%252Be%252BcR8ecFilfZs4afAHUm1i73E%253D&viewitem=

How did I do?

I think you paid a fair price for the book. It's definitely low grade but not too horrible. A few things I am wondering that arent mentioned...is the cover attached? If not, I feel you over paid. Is the centerfold attached? If not, I feel you overpaid.

If those two items are fine...you got a nice deal for an awesome comic.

(thumbs u

Something is odd about those photos. The staples are visible on the front cover, which is not unusual. But why are the arms of the staples showing on the back cover? The staples should stop in the centre spread and not go through to the back cover. It looks as though someone has stapled through the entire book to hold it together.