• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers # 1 and # 4 Club
12 12

1,089 posts in this topic

Yeah, I was really jazzed when this one came back .5 higher than when I sent it in. GD+ is such a wonderful grade as I feel like you have lots of presentation but none of the price tag the mid grades can carry with them.

And this is definitely one of those books whose cover you need to have intact. :)

4006751014_8190b633af_z.jpg

I passed up buying Amazing Spiderman 1 and FF 2 and AAF 15 at a discount but purchased an overpriced Avengers 4.

Still looking for FF 4 too but had to have the Cap origin.

Looks great! And you must be happy to choose it over the others. :applause:

4006751014_8190b633af_z.jpg

I passed up buying Amazing Spiderman 1 and FF 2 and AAF 15 at a discount but purchased an overpriced Avengers 4.

Still looking for FF 4 too but had to have the Cap origin.

Looks great! And you must be happy to choose it over the others. :applause:

Wise choice Jedi Knight-Avengers 4 has so much upside comparatively. This book is the most severely undervalued silver age marvel key period.

Edited by SAGAT

I am almost ashamed to post this but I want at least part way into the club.I don't know why Thor is missing, the upper left corner was taken off to restore an other wise beautiful copy of avengers 1. I got this for free.

avengers1001.jpg

Why would you be ashamed? Some of us are thankful to only own parts of books that we love.

If you enjoy owning it, that's all the matters.

(thumbs u

Hey all, I am brand new to the board. Never stopped collecting just took a long break as the saying goes. This might be a bad place for the question, but I didn't think it was thread worthy. Couple questions about a coverless Avengers 4 and coverless in general I guess.

How can you tell if it's a reprint or original? How difficult/expensive is it to get a cover separately after the fact? I imagine it can be a challenge. Also, how to value them? I am not worried about treating it as an investment, obviously, just looking for cost sensitive ways to get some classics which otherwise will be out of reach.

Love the site, you all have some great stuff and I appreciate you sharing your collections and knowledge.