• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers # 1 and # 4 Club
12 12

1,089 posts in this topic

here's my #1 pre slabbing - I've had a few #1's but this one is the first I've had with uber whites and a little higher grade. :cloud9:

Dscf6878.jpg

Stunning book. Killer spine, gloss, looks like it still has that "wooble" in the pages its so fresh. What does it grade out at?

here's my #1 pre slabbing - I've had a few #1's but this one is the first I've had with uber whites and a little higher grade. :cloud9:

Dscf6878.jpg

Stunning book. Killer spine, gloss, looks like it still has that "wooble" in the pages its so fresh. What does it grade out at?

+1 It looks really nice! From the scan it looks like it retained it's gloss incredibly well, and the corners appear razor sharp. And hardly any spine wear? It would be nice to know what you grade it, and what it comes back slabbed. Sweet!! (thumbs u

Does anyone know who is selling Avengers #4? I'm looking for, any where from 2.0 - 5.0

I'm not picky on the grade. I really need it just to complete my run. Any information would help. Thanks!

You might have more luck posting a request in the WANT TO BUY forum. People will find you... lol

Dscf6878.jpg

That is gorgeous!!! I can't wait to find out what it grades. :applause:

(worship)

Dscf6878.jpg

(worship)

:popcorn:

Dscf6878.jpg

(worship)

Wow. That AV 1 is an absolute BEAST! Definitely the sort of book I'd be afraid to handle if I ever saw it in person.

These are my submissions into the club.

I just posted the Avengers 4 in the 'Spare a Grade' section. I wish the back was better... :(

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4421448#Post4421448

avengers1b.jpg

avengers4.jpg

The #4 is my favorite. The cover is simply amazing. Capt America is on fire on this cover! I have a low grade (4.5) that I will certainly upgrade in the near future.

Dscf6878.jpg

(worship)

Wow. That AV 1 is an absolute BEAST! Definitely the sort of book I'd be afraid to handle if I ever saw it in person.

That spine is amazing, and has very high cover gloss. I do believe if I saw this book in person I would go weak at the knees.../nerd swoon

I sold my Avengers #4 SS 7.0 (Lee/Simon) earlier this year, but one of my staff just picked me up a replacement:

qx8819_XL.jpg

It'll be hanging on my Christmas tree this year. I love the 6 page comic inside the ornament. They did a credible job of distilling the story down to about 12 panels.

I sold my Avengers #4 SS 7.0 (Lee/Simon) earlier this year, but one of my staff just picked me up a replacement:

qx8819_XL.jpg

It'll be hanging on my Christmas tree this year. I love the 6 page comic inside the ornament. They did a credible job of distilling the story down to about 12 panels.

That's just pure awesomeness! :cloud9:

That is a pretty sweet ornament! Do you know where they got it from and the cost?

Since ive posted it everywhere else, i might as well post it here also :grin:

Hopefully i can add the #1 but it probably wont be for at least a year or two.

avengers4.jpg

Edited by sufunk