• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers # 1 and # 4 Club
12 12

1,089 posts in this topic

Did anyone else notice the Avengers#4 cgc 9.6 on CLink last night?

I believe this Ohio pedigree copy took quite a hit ... they advertise it as having sold in 2011 for $91,500.00 but closed last night for under $30K ?!!?

Yikes !

Ouch! Prices in the high grades seem so volatile?

I like to buying these SA keys in the "collector grades" (I am looking for raw 2-2.5's and slabbed 4-4.5's)... much more liquidity and much less volatility!

Did anyone else notice the Avengers#4 cgc 9.6 on CLink last night?

I believe this Ohio pedigree copy took quite a hit ... they advertise it as having sold in 2011 for $91,500.00 but closed last night for under $30K ?!!?

Yikes !

Ouch! Prices in the high grades seem so volatile?

I like to buying these SA keys in the "collector grades" (I am looking for raw 2-2.5's and slabbed 4-4.5's)... much more liquidity and much less volatility!

I'm sure some of the BSD's here would know better but that "90k sale" was definitely an anomaly if accurate imo. Looking at gap, there has never been a 9.6 sale even close to that number. Even still, 30k is LOOOOOOOOOOW for that book! :o

I have a question for you all.My friend has an avengers #1 graded 3.5sa, the restoration was done by him,when he bought the book it was missing the upper left corner where the 4 heroes are located.He then bought a second beater copy that still had that piece and removed it and taped it into his other copy. If he removed the restoration.what grade would it be? Would it become a qualified book?

He bought both copies 3 or so years ago for short money,and has no intention of selling it, he was just curious how much the grade would be affected.

Put me on the list (where is the #1 list btw?)

Avengers165_zps5a9c85b5.jpg[/img]

Hooray!

Can I join :luhv: Low grade goodness.

nq1k07.jpg

(thumbs u

Is there a #1 list? Would love to know how many boardies have a #1?

Has one been compiled?

Congrats everyone.

A few sales on HA today:

Avengers 4 9.4 OW $10755

Prices across the board have plummeted. Last week a 9.4 went for barely 10k. It wasnt that long ago that 9.2's were getting almost that price.

:banana:

Edited by Peter in Portugal

Ugh, another silly club!! Who'd want an Avengers 1 anyways??

Junky book anyway! :whistle:

That's what I'm sayin'! Only a fool would spend real money on one... doh!

Yeah the characters suck too! I mean Hulk,Thor,some guy in a steel body suit,and a guy as small as an ant? Major suckage! :baiting: