• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
27 27

8,269 posts in this topic

104e50ee.jpg

I want one of those so bad I can taste it. :cry:

Beautiful mags. Congrats. I hope to put a mag submission together soon as well.

Problem with mag subs is they're so :censored: expensive to have graded.

You can't use collectors society coupons on them either which is why I no longer pay the annual fee because I would never use the coupons.

104e50ee.jpg

I want one of those so bad I can taste it. :cry:

Beautiful mags. Congrats. I hope to put a mag submission together soon as well.

You can't use collectors society coupons on them either which is why I no longer pay the annual fee because I would never use the coupons.

Yeah, if they'd give me 3 mag subs instead of the 4 comic subs, I'd be on it like Oprah on the last cupcake.

And after looking up the prices, the comic sub you get with the membership is $60 per and a "standard" mag sub is only $37, so they'd come out better to give even 6 mag subs with the membership.

I'd go for that all day long. :takeit:

Have they just changed this? I used my first coupons to have 3 mags graded last year? If so? that is mess!

Have they just changed this? I used my first coupons to have 3 mags graded last year? If so? that is mess!

Not sure where all the misinformation is coming from, but I called today and as long as you send all the same type (all 3 mags or all 3 comics) they will grade them with the coupon. You can't mix and match though, for instance 2 mags and 1 comic or vice versa.

I rarely see these mags posted, but IMHO these are rather key books for reasons that go beyond the comics within.

Yes, they kicked off the "British Invasion" and sure got Alan Moore on the map, but every time I see a group of protesters (Anonymous, Occupy, Wikileaks etc) there will always be a few "Guy Fawkes" masks present - and the "V for Vendetta" strip introduced that design via illustrator David Lloyd.

It is rather ironic that each and every one of the masks sold generates a fee for the current rights holder, Time-Warner. Lloyd and Moore get nothing according to Wiki.

I still need a few more of these to complete the run (another 7 of 26) but I am so surprised (and relieved lol ) that these do not command higher prices.

Anyway, a few group shots and a scan of #11 that features the aforementioned mask.

Warriors2.jpg

Warriors3.jpg

Warriors.jpg

Warriors4.jpg

Warrior11842x1158.jpg