• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
27 27

8,230 posts in this topic

I've been thinking about doing something in the Mag forum. Here's my idea...

A few times a month I would pick a fanzine and post the contents of it in a thread.

There really are some incredible stories and artwork in some of these that most people have never seen before.

Would this be a problem? I don't want to get into trouble.

Perhaps if I can't post the full contents, I could pull a few pages out of one and post a little sample. That wouldn't be any worse than posting the cover, would it?

A few times a month I would pick a fanzine and post the contents of it in a thread.

There really are some incredible stories and artwork in some of these that most people have never seen before.

Would this be a problem? I don't want to get into trouble.

Perhaps if I can't post the full contents, I could pull a few pages out of one and post a little sample. That wouldn't be any worse than posting the cover, would it?

Would you care to tell us the artists featured in the Witzend you posted? I know some incredible names contributed to that series. As for your question, theagenes kept a thread in GA where he posted a few pages every day or so of a Jon Carter comic strip from #30 - 56, when the series was ended. I'm not sure if that falls under different guidelines. That was a great read for anyone who didn't follow it.

A few times a month I would pick a fanzine and post the contents of it in a thread. There really are some incredible stories and artwork in some of these that most people have never seen before. Would this be a problem? I don't want to get into trouble. Perhaps if I can't post the full contents, I could pull a few pages out of one and post a little sample. That wouldn't be any worse than posting the cover, would it?

I am all for it and would be very interested to see what you want to share.

In terms of not violating copyright or devaluing the market for the physical magazine, it is probably more defensible if you only post a story at a time, along with commentary. Then it is closer to what falls under "fair use."

Would you care to tell us the artists featured in the Witzend you posted? I know some incredible names contributed to that series.

This issue features stories by...

Reese (Small Illo)

Bode (obviously)

Steve Ditko (Two stories)

Roger Brand

Ed Paschke (Pinup)

Wrightson

Pearson

The most beautiful fully painted story by Betty and Gray Morrow

Kenneth Smith (BC Pinup)

Most all of the other Witzends have fantastic stories by Wally Wood.

Would you care to tell us the artists featured in the Witzend you posted? I know some incredible names contributed to that series.

This issue features stories by...

Reese (Small Illo)

Bode (obviously)

Steve Ditko (Two stories)

Roger Brand

Ed Paschke (Pinup)

Wrightson

Pearson

The most beautiful fully painted story by Betty and Gray Morrow

Kenneth Smith (BC Pinup)

Most all of the other Witzends have fantastic stories by Wally Wood.

Thanks for the info! I think I learned of these through the Jay Kennedy book, but never read a copy of Witzend.