• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,218 posts in this topic

On 12/6/2021 at 3:50 PM, Randall Dowling said:

Mail call!  I found another copy of this incredible True Crime issue in nice shape and it was way too cheap to pass up.

IMG_6608.thumb.JPG.1e9687fb00f5ca45e9a4ab737bbdff6c.JPG

And this is a new addition to the collection.  I think everyone should take a moment to look at those headlines on the cover.  "A Daring Expose!  Sex on the Witness Chair!"... What the what?  Who doesn't need more answers to that statement??!!  And this is from True Police Files!  Apparently, America was a weird place in 1950.  :sumo:

IMG_6609.thumb.JPG.6cb6bcf106856cad72d3f46bd6838311.JPG 

Stunners.

On 12/6/2021 at 4:50 PM, Randall Dowling said:

Mail call!  I found another copy of this incredible True Crime issue in nice shape and it was way too cheap to pass up.

IMG_6608.thumb.JPG.1e9687fb00f5ca45e9a4ab737bbdff6c.JPG

And this is a new addition to the collection.  I think everyone should take a moment to look at those headlines on the cover.  "A Daring Expose!  Sex on the Witness Chair!"... What the what?  Who doesn't need more answers to that statement??!!  And this is from True Police Files!  Apparently, America was a weird place in 1950.  :sumo:

IMG_6609.thumb.JPG.6cb6bcf106856cad72d3f46bd6838311.JPG 

These are awesome! Covers like these illuminate the darkest depths of the ID.

On 12/6/2021 at 8:48 PM, Brandon Shepherd said:

These are awesome! Covers like these illuminate the darkest depths of the ID.

I agree.  I've got a few dozen of these and at some point, when I have the time, I'm thinking of starting a thread showing off the best ones.  It may be a wide ranging thread showing the best of what I've got from many periods and genres.  Not sure yet. 

On 12/6/2021 at 6:53 PM, Randall Dowling said:

I agree.  I've got a few dozen of these and at some point, when I have the time, I'm thinking of starting a thread showing off the best ones.  It may be a wide ranging thread showing the best of what I've got from many periods and genres.  Not sure yet. 

Would make a great journal. 

On 12/6/2021 at 9:21 PM, oakman29 said:

Would make a great journal. 

Yeah but does anyone read those?  

I rescind my statement.  I just took a look and it looks interesting.  The last time I looked at them, I couldn't figure out how to navigate.  But, after looking at @dover's journal, the whole thing clicked.  That may be the best thing.   Thanks, Dave!  :cheers:

Edited by Randall Dowling
I was wrong

On 12/6/2021 at 10:24 PM, Randall Dowling said:

I rescind my statement.  I just took a look and it looks interesting.  The last time I looked at them, I couldn't figure out how to navigate.  But, after looking at @dover's journal, the whole thing clicked.  That may be the best thing.   Thanks, Dave!  :cheers:

Funny you posted this as I found the journals tricky to search through at first. I just went through some last night and they’re great! @oakman29 @dover

On 12/8/2021 at 11:27 PM, oakman29 said:

This was on a board sales thread? Damn, I even miss stuff right under my nose.😥

@s8zaphod Had a thread. Now tell me why I want to crack out my magazines but not my comics? I cannot come to grips with my feelings on this, but they are strong.

On 12/7/2021 at 11:00 AM, Jayman said:

Funny you posted this as I found the journals tricky to search through at first. I just went through some last night and they’re great! @oakman29 @dover

:whee: I am not sure anyone reads mine but for me, it is a release. Words play in my head and demand to come out and I bring them here.

On 12/9/2021 at 2:22 PM, dover said:

@s8zaphod Had a thread. Now tell me why I want to crack out my magazines but not my comics? I cannot come to grips with my feelings on this, but they are strong.

Don’t do crack , crack kills🤣🤣😜

On 12/10/2021 at 7:48 PM, dover said:

I got these from Randall. 

Creepy 81 NM+ -Randall.jpg

Eerie 41 VF -Randall.jpg

Warren546.thumb.jpg.32489ac83929a4cbb2f3e3f955d5c09a.jpg

Damn, I hear that Randall guy is an amazing person with a plethora of talent for acquiring beautiful copies of horror goodness. Be careful though he can suck you in with his charm, then pounce for the kill.😂

On 12/6/2021 at 7:24 PM, Randall Dowling said:

I was thinking of making a journal of all the silver and bronze age keys I have, but decided not to because it would take too long.😂