• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What can I do to help improve the boards?

221 posts in this topic

Treat newbies with patience and respect. Without new blood this place will wither and die.

That goes both ways, though - it shouldn't be too much to expect that people read the forum guidelines before starting a for sales thread, or that they familiarize themselves with the boards in general before starting yet another pressing/scanner/i'm too lazy to look this up on google-thread.

Definately goes both ways.

Some guys join the boards to create havock or push an agenda and the sooner they are run off the better. Some guys join only to sell and only see this as a selling option rather than a community.

For some people, especially older tech. challenged types, this place is confusing and the learning curve is steep. Using the search engine, learning board etiquette, posting images or finding the sales forum rules can be difficult.

Rule of thumb for me; cut 'em some slack the first time but if the behaviour continues fire up the tar and feathers.

It sounds like this board is like most others on the internet. You start with a small, closely bonded group with a lot of commonalities. You get more popular and more people join and the bonds are watered down and eventually lost. The end run is all the oldies get fed up and leave to form a new smaller cozier community. This almost inevitably fails. The original boards keeps moving forward.

My biggest issue with the board are the cliques. I've got no idea who is buddies with whom and who hates each other and it amazes me how often the 'outsiders' are summarily ignored when they try to contribute.

Hi Andy,

I really enjoyed Stronguy's review of the bronze age. He enjoyed that era and decided to pick up the entire bronze age. It matched his collecting interests.

With that in mind, I do have a suggestion for you. You are a "war" guy. You could start a thread about some comic-related war issues, or what-not. I don't know much about the subject as you might suspect but I do remember loving the haunted tank as a kid. You ever figure out which prototype Sgt Rock was the real first appearance?

Dan

I think the boards are awesome,...

I agree 100% - the boards are absolutely amazing. Its the people who continually insist on changing their screen names... :shy:

Fixed it for you there, goog. (thumbs u

I agree 100% - the boards are absolutely amazing. Its the people who continually insist on changing their screen names... :shy:

Like it says...call me Pov (or else!)

I don't know why you changed your name. You had one of the best screen names of anyone here. Now it's... :eek:

I don't know why you changed your name. You had one of the best screen names of anyone here. Now it's... :eek:

Because, he's trying to be like the dad that says "right on" and "cool" to his kids because on some tripped out level he thinks he's current and can relate.

Because, he's trying to be like the dad that says "right on" and "cool" to his kids because on some tripped out level he thinks he's current and can relate.

lol - "greatgoogamooga" goes back long before you were born, my dear docTOR!

Actually I explained why when I did. But ::sigh:: no one REALLY listens to old Pov.

hmmm - I guess I tsrtaed to and then didn;t. Not even old Pov listens to old Pov. :(:cry:

I talking about you limping onto the name change bandwagon, gramps. :baiting:

I talking about you limping onto the name change bandwagon, gramps. :baiting:

Bandwagon? BANDWAGON? One person constitutes a BANDWAGON??? Oy! doh!

Bandwagon? BANDWAGON? One person constitutes a BANDWAGON??? Oy! doh!

One person? There was detective27kid, spiderman-on-tit, that Mississippi dude who's now ogami or whatever, slingin' web and countless others that I haven't even been paying attention to. You're nothing but a sheep. Bah.

Change your name back, please.

I don't like the great googa.

Povertyrow rocks.

I kind of like the great googa view

I've pulled out all the stops. I am using the power of haiku to try and reach him.