• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Earthquake,did you feel it

32 posts in this topic

Hack yeah, long rolling quake. One of the longest I've felt in 20 yrs. (compared to Northridge).

Thankfully no damage except for a few things swinging and knocked down.

I was upstairs watching tennis on TV, while the little guy napped downstairs. Definitely a long, rolling quake that thankfully died out. There's always that moment in a rolling earthquake where you can tell it's either going to settle down, or escalate into something scary.

Hack yeah, long rolling quake. One of the longest I've felt in 20 yrs. (compared to Northridge).

On the bright side, every quake like this means less stress built up along the fault line that would otherwise make a larger more devastating one.

Earthquakes always seem like they go on forever :eek:

Man! I felt it! I live in San Diego County. I never felt one last so long. We all ran outside after 20 seconds went by. Could see all the Light post in the neighborhood shake. Happy to say Comics are still safe. lol

Man! I felt it! I live in San Diego County. I never felt one last so long. We all ran outside after 20 seconds went by. Could see all the Light post in the neighborhood shake. Happy to say Comics are still safe. lol

Hi Rey I thought of you guys first,so glad you and your family are safe. :banana:

sounds like a small hickup

glad everyone's ok

we get quakes of varying size all the time in Alaska.

when they happen, we all get up screaming, run in circles and take our clothes off

hope you all had fun.

I actually have a funny story about this. I flew home from San Fran today, got home in Vegas and was sitting on the floor on the computer in my office when my Fiance comes in and says, "Why is the light moving?" I look up and sure enough the light in my office is swinging back and forth. Now this scared the out of me because her sister thinks my house is haunted. So we go in all the rooms and all the damn lights on the ceiling are swinging back and forth. A couple hours later I find out there was a quake in CA and it was pretty much at the same time my lights were moving. I never felt a thing, but, I either have a ghost or the quake was felt in Nevada, hope its the latter.

I felt the quake. It wasn't too bad. I did run out the house to where my infant twin nephews were playing and jumped on them to make sure nothing fell on them. They were okay.

Now, a few weeks back there was an earthquake a mile from my house--4.0+. That one felt awful.