• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay sellers -- Top Ten-----And----- Worst Ten Please vote now

115 posts in this topic

Hi, As a public service , I would like everyone here who has bought comics on Ebay(Which I assume is everyone here) to give their thoughts on who is a stand up fantastic seller.. and safe to buy from,and also who to avoid.. so we all can safely stay away from those sellers who constantly rip off the public, or misrepresent their comics.

Please vote on the Top ten sellers on Ebay.

And on the flip side the Top Ten sellers to avoid......

And since many of you here sell on Ebay its fair to vote for yourself, but if we only see your name on your list and no one else votes for you then you might look silly....... 27_laughing.gif....j/k .. of course

And also.. if you dont know of 10 sellers names.. then just list the ones you know of ...and like/dislike

BEST TEN

WORST TEN

Worst

Elite_Comics: After 2 months ($300 item) no book, lots of excuses and delays, but no book. I'm about 80% worried! sign-rantpost.gif

Best.

QuasarComics: Undergraded both books! Quick shipment, well packed! thumbsup2.gif

Timely

I bought from DARTH several times - real good comics and best service. He can't be beat an any detail. I can't recall right now if I bought from any other Forum Members. hi.gif

Best 10 (in no particular order, having bought from each one over the past year on Ebay)

1. ComicGeek

2. Harley Yee

3. drummy

4. Comicmankev

5. Jerrybyrnes

6. Jason Ewert

7. ShowcaseNewEngland

8. Supapimp

9. reliant-5

10. Heritage

Worst 10

1. No one directly! Using this board has helped me to see the real bad seeds on Ebay, so I can't really add anyone. You guys have taught me to stay away from Comic-keys, shill feedback, and auctions with no scans - thanks! thumbsup2.gif

Best 10 (in no particular order, having bought from each one over the past year on Ebay)

1. ComicGeek

2. Harley Yee

3. drummy

4. Comicmankev

5. Jerrybyrnes

6. Jason Ewert

7. ShowcaseNewEngland

8. Supapimp

9. reliant-5

10. Heritage

Worst 10

1. No one directly! Using this board has helped me to see the real bad seeds on Ebay, so I can't really add anyone. You guys have taught me to stay away from Comic-keys, shill feedback, and auctions with no scans - thanks! thumbsup2.gif

Showcase New England was a top ten but no more they are selling books graded a lot slacker.They package nice they put them in Mylars but now its a return policy and not a 1/4 guarantee of within what CGC will grade it.I know I have bought from before and there grades were pretty reasonable and always real tight but with this last batch graded 9.4/9.6 I would say the average is more like 8.5/9.0 there is to much wrong with the books and I havent even pulled them out of the Mylars to look at them I can see enough flaws that I dont need to look any farther.They are getting top dollar for there books because of there name in my opinion and not there grades as of now! They are off my favorite seller list and I am not even interested in buying from them anymore!

Davidking623

I just bought 186 accurately graded mostly Bronze Age Spider-Man comics from Showcase New England. Top notch packing, every book in a 4 mil mylar (including the cheapies), and fast shipping. None of the 186 books suffered any damage on the cross-country trip. Sorry to hear that one person had a bad experience, but they are at or near the top of my list for best sellers.

Good to know about ShowcaseNE thumbsup2.gif I have only bought slabbed books from them, and thus had no problems.

Showcase offers a good service, though true they're grading is not 100% all the time, they will always give you a hassle free refund, very fare nice pleasant people. smile.gif

Well well well well.......my old mucker herc2000. Where have you been? Still not speaking to me 'cause of the MS5?

No particular order...

Top 10:

Bob Storms

Bronzebruce13

Darthdiesel (Carl)

Drbanner (Mike Pring)

Greggy

Highend_collectibles

Mrodel

Musicmeta (Michael Gray)

Savagetales (Steve)

tkg2627 (Vincent Wong)

Worst Ten:

123seller_collector (Known to sell hacked books; previously knowned as muaddib)

cgc*comics (severe overgrader)

comic-keys (duh?)

cuteypie82 (Selling ID of Muaddib)

GCCBCO (Overgrader and shipping profiteer)

Harley Yee (Recently added for overgrading and not refunding money after 3 months)

Jerrybyrnes (overgrader that has an ego problem and very hard to work with)

Neatstuff (overgraders and worst customer service)

ShowcaseNewEngland (If Cindy is not answering the emails there is no such thing as customer service if something goes wrong)...

I forgot to add my 2 cents , your right.

While Im not a power buyer on Ebay, I had have my share of ups/downs.

Hers my small list.

Best sellers( no order)

These are all sellers I have bought from and had pleasent experiences with.And got a good deal for what I paid for.

Best in no order

1. popmixguy

2sybrhusk

4bizmikey

5bronze!

6thelesneydude

7 rick_collins_x99

8oneyetti

9 mugsy_megaton

10 leonhare

My worst sellers I will go dig around and find a few, I have had my share.

Zeman

Best.

QuasarComics: Undergraded both books! Quick shipment, well packed! thumbsup2.gif

Timely

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

I agree! Bought a run of very early Patsy Walkers from him. I was very pleasantly surprised--not undergraded but nice copies for the grade!

Yep, Zeman..

mugsy_megaton is a really good one.....tight grading...and reasonable prices. I've had good service from our own reliant-5 also! And bizmikey is a seller who makes a great effort keep the customer happy. Local good ol' boys also include midnightshadow17.

The problem with your question is:

Are you talking about CGC or unslabbed books?

Obviously, even the worst overgraded can sell a CGC book, give reasonable customer service and then be considered a top ten best.

The most important issues are:

Do they grade books STRICTER, AS STRICT, OR LESS STRICT than CGC.

And are they CONSISTENT GRADERS.

The problem with your question is:

Are you talking about CGC or unslabbed books?

Obviously, even the worst overgraded can sell a CGC book, give reasonable customer service and then be considered a top ten best.

The most important issues are:

Do they grade books STRICTER, AS STRICT, OR LESS STRICT than CGC.

And are they CONSISTENT GRADERS.

I guess my main point was to ask people their thoughts on Ebay sellers, as I buy on ebay, as do other here. And wanted to see what luck other people have had. Good or bad

CGC or NON CGC

Just who is a trustworthy seller and who is not.

If only 1 person can make a good buy, and avoid a bad one out of the posts results, then that was why I asked.

I think its safe to say if a seller sells only CGC books, then there is not much room for error.Thanks for the question though , it was pertinant.

Please vote on the Top ten sellers on Ebay.

And on the flip side the Top Ten sellers to avoid......

No particular order

BEST TEN

1. Comgeek

2. jason Ewart

3. keycomics

4. nowidriveachevy

5. hedgehog60

6. jsandsmark

7. kahml

8. heroesanddragons

9. midnightshadow17

10. jcabatan

WORST TEN

I just bought 186 accurately graded mostly Bronze Age Spider-Man comics from Showcase New England. Top notch packing, every book in a 4 mil mylar (including the cheapies), and fast shipping. None of the 186 books suffered any damage on the cross-country trip. Sorry to hear that one person had a bad experience, but they are at or near the top of my list for best sellers.

Good to know about ShowcaseNE thumbsup2.gif I have only bought slabbed books from them, and thus had no problems.

Are you sending any into CGC? Oh and this is my second in a row on my dealings with Showcase Its confirmed on there grading as far as I am concerned

Davidking623

Some of the worst I have dealt with - someone already mentioned Jerry Brynes from Chicago - for god's sakes don't let your payment arrive in 11 days instead of the commanded 10! There was a guy from NY I bought FFs 22 and 17 from ungraded that were supposedly nm- which was my last raw comic book buying experience. But this latest nut I am dealing with takes the cake. Goes by Silversurpher on ebay and is named Frank Simmons. Some of the emails remind me of old Hammer himself - I have saved a few becuase I can't quote any here. I won a Cap 111 9.6 and paid by pp immediately and then he took about 2 weeks to ship. Thi nking he was ok I won another book and that is when the fun started. Avoid this nut at all costs - it is just not worth it!