• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay sellers -- Top Ten-----And----- Worst Ten Please vote now

115 posts in this topic

Add jscomics to the very bad list. Their grading used to be good, but it's gone in the crapper. Scan's look great, but when you get the books, it's clear they're adjusting the scans to make the books look better. Buy a "9.4" and bank on getting an 8.0.

Has a very bad experience with "qscomics" from the UK purchasing a mid-grade silver age Marvel key, which I discovered had undisclosed restoration upon receipt of a lovely purple label from CGC. He said that since the 45-day window had passed to file a complaint through Ebay that I was SOL. Seller was pretty smug in his reply as well. Left a bad taste in my mouth and I will not do business with them again.

:o

That's Quicksilver Comics. When did this happen? (shrug)

Add jscomics to the very bad list. Their grading used to be good, but it's gone in the crapper. Scan's look great, but when you get the books, it's clear they're adjusting the scans to make the books look better. Buy a "9.4" and bank on getting an 8.0.

That is a disappointment. I bought from them in 2008. I will have to go back in my Paypal records to figure out what I bought.

- A Kamandi #1 advertised as VF/NM. Think it looks a little better. At least spot on.

Haven't done enough business on Ebay lately to do a top/bottom 10, but have always had a good experience with Harley, "zillaf4" and "jscomics". There are the multitude of overgraders as well who list massive amount of comics, all overgraded, looking to take advantage of the less experienced buyers. Whatever, their business model seems to work.

Has a very bad experience with "qscomics" from the UK purchasing a mid-grade silver age Marvel key, which I discovered had undisclosed restoration upon receipt of a lovely purple label from CGC. He said that since the 45-day window had passed to file a complaint through Ebay that I was SOL. Seller was pretty smug in his reply as well. Left a bad taste in my mouth and I will not do business with them again.

+1 for zillaf4. I've bought a few complete silver age runs from them. Always quick shipping, decent prices and accurate grading

I bought an Amazing Adventures #11 from Quicksilver a few years ago, which had undisclosed colour touch. When I raised it with them, I was told that was acceptable for the grade (although I did get a refund, both for that book, and others which were over graded). I've not been back.

don't do E-Bay

worst

Harley yee

Comic Link

Best

Metropolis collectibles

Heritage

What's wrong with Harley?

He was at Super Nova convention in Brisbane many years ago. Brought just marvels. I bought three books off him. Tales to Astonish 89 and 93. The 93 had the ad page cut out and I did not notice it till I was home and counted the pages. And the money I paid the book should have been a fine. He had a Fantastic four annual 8 with sub-mariner on the cover. I asked if it was a Reprint. The reply was no so I bought it. Technically it is not a reprint as it is a first print but the annual reprints annual 1. Which if he was a Overstreet adviser he may have thought to point that out and I would have bought a annual 1 instead. But no stay silent and get that $18.

A month later I picked up an annual 1 of my LCS and traded the annual 8 in as I did not want it. So for a TTA 93 for $36 missing ad page and annual 8 for $18 that reprints annual 1 I will never spend a single cent with him again.

Now the price for the books I paid at the time it must have been 8 years ago maybe a little more (shrug)

Since then older and wiser

Metropolis fantastic :headbang:

I bought a Avengers 4 Gd- about 5 years ago for $215. When it arrived I notice it had colour touch on the cover, so got in touch with them they said send the book back then sent me a email with list of 5 copies in Vg and said which one do you want for a replacement. (thumbs u

Since then bought many books including Sasha news copy of TTA 93

Heritage fantastic :headbang:

Last Overstreet came out and this time I thought I'd try the download version.

But on their web site I could not get payment thru. So sent them a email to tell them and they got back to me saying their was a glitch with overseas accounts. It has been fixed and here is a free copy. :headbang:

Since then bought hulk 4, Flash 123, And a bunch of TTA

So the lesson to sellers,

Tell the truth, sell good books, provide customer service and buyers will all ways return.

Frank Simmons. Ah. It appears to me that I am not the only one. I purchased something from him on Ebay. Now he does not want to deliver because Google Earth tells him that my US delivery address does not exist. I have sent him information so that he could check at the USPS website that deliveries had been made to the non existing address. But he doesn't budge. I have no right to receive the book, because I am not an Ebay member (sic) and because I have given Ebay a false address.

I wish I had read this page earlier today. It would have saved me a lot of time thinking that I was communicating with a reasonable human being.

This guy is the worst period. He seems to throw around some big names and does know some guys in the industry. Bottom line is he is a scam artist thief. Frank is also very animated and totally nuts. Stay away from this thief .