• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay sellers -- Top Ten-----And----- Worst Ten Please vote now

115 posts in this topic

i see a lot of the top 10s are ones i would agree with but as far as worst i would say one would be neatstuff collectibles.about 6 years ago i won 8 cgcs from them and to save on shipping they put all of them in one box with hardly any protection.needless to say only one made it without any damage as the rest were cracked very bad.

I dont normally buy very much off ebay anymore. When I did there really wasn't anyone that I have bought from consistently enough to say that I have had a good experience with, however I can say that I have had a horrible experience with MIFFYBUNNY on ebay.

Sold me an Avengers one last summer, raw 6.5 or 7.0 turned out to be an extensive amatuer restored copy for around $1650. Unfortunately I could not tell by the scans and he refused to refund after I confronted him about it. I did learn my lesson the hard way...I really dont trust any raw books on ebay any longer... :tonofbricks:

I'm glad I'm not on the worsts....

It's a worst seller list, not a worst hoarder list.... :baiting:

lol

I'm the BESTEST hoarder!

I know. :gossip:

I actually really enjoyed the shots of the books you posted in the 'show us your hoards' thread. (thumbs u

I'm glad I'm not on the worsts....

It's a worst seller list, not a worst hoarder list.... :baiting:

lol

I'm the BESTEST hoarder!

I know. :gossip:

I actually really enjoyed the shots of the books you posted in the 'show us your hoards' thread. (thumbs u

It's almost time for a new hoard thread, innit...?

No particular order...

Top 10:

Bob Storms

Bronzebruce13

Darthdiesel (Carl)

Drbanner (Mike Pring)

Greggy

Highend_collectibles

Mrodel

Musicmeta (Michael Gray)

Savagetales (Steve)

tkg2627 (Vincent Wong)

Worst Ten:

123seller_collector (Known to sell hacked books; previously knowned as muaddib)

cgc*comics (severe overgrader)

comic-keys (duh?)

cuteypie82 (Selling ID of Muaddib)

GCCBCO (Overgrader and shipping profiteer)

Harley Yee (Recently added for overgrading and not refunding money after 3 months)

Jerrybyrnes (overgrader that has an ego problem and very hard to work with)

Neatstuff (overgraders and worst customer service)

ShowcaseNewEngland (If Cindy is not answering the emails there is no such thing as customer service if something goes wrong)...

I bought some books from cuteypie82 probably 3 years ago or so...just curious, what were your issues? He put forth a lot of nice books at the time, but his only descriptions would be like "beautiful" "stunning" "awesome" things like that, one word descriptions...bought a JIM 87 that the scan was so bright you couldn't see the subscription crease running down the center...wanted to return the book and ended up with partial refund...wasn't too happy about that one...

From my personal experience throughout the years, I do have the following list (in no particular order). Of course, some of you may have had different experience with any of them and may disagree.

Top 10:

Harley Yee

Todd Lange

Mike Pring

Jason Ewert (before he did start trimming)

Alex Jaramillo

Comic Book Addiction

Jeff Williams

Wes Hagen

the_on_line_auction_agent (best ever, his VG's and Fine's were CGC 9.2 on average!)

cards-n-comics

Worst 10:

Comic-Keys

Robojo33

showcase-new-england

Matt Stanley aka Notch_Top

Gerry Ross

samco1

MileHigh Comics

highgradeitems

powerangers

neatstuffcollectibles

From my personal experience throughout the years, I do have the following list (in no particular order). Of course, some of you may have had different experience with any of them and may disagree.

Top 10:

Harley Yee

Todd Lange

Mike Pring

Alex Jaramillo

Comic Book Addiction

Jeff Williams

Wes Hagen

the_on_line_auction_agent (best ever, his VG's and Fine's were CGC 9.2 on average!)

cards-n-comics

Worst 10:

Comic-Keys

Robojo33

showcase-new-england

Gerry Ross

samco1

MileHigh Comics

highgradeitems

powerangers

neatstuffcollectibles

These three were indeed superb...

Mike Pring

Alex Jaramillo

Comic Book Addiction

...but this one is completely beyond me...

Wes Hagen :screwy:

As for the Worst...yeah, all of them scumbags. (thumbs u Matt Stanley was actually a contributing member here back in the day...the thieving, lying, small-dicked uber-. :mad:

Top 10:

Harley Yee

Todd Lange

Mike Pring

Alex Jaramillo

Comic Book Addiction

Jeff Williams

Wes Hagen

cards-n-comics

Worst 10:

Comic-Keys

Robojo33

showcase-new-england

Gerry Ross

samco1

MileHigh Comics

highgradeitems

powerangers

neatstuffcollectibles

You forgot Tomorrow's Treasures, aka Rich Muchin. Overgrading, lying, arrogant thief. Saw him constantly at SD, and REALLLLLLY wanted to kick him in the nuts. But, it wasn't worth being ejected and facing assault charges over a $20 book.

Top 10:

Harley Yee

Todd Lange

Mike Pring

Alex Jaramillo

Comic Book Addiction

Jeff Williams

Wes Hagen

cards-n-comics

Worst 10:

Comic-Keys

Robojo33

showcase-new-england

Gerry Ross

samco1

MileHigh Comics

highgradeitems

powerangers

neatstuffcollectibles

:bump: Really wish the mods would make this a sticky...here are a few more:

GOOD

njpower2000

BAD

Norsemanic

shogunwarrior1024

hokeybutt

jwegger

Worst 10:

Comic-Keys

Robojo33

showcase-new-england

Gerry Ross

samco1

MileHigh Comics

highgradeitems

powerangers

neatstuffcollectibles

with a name like highgradeitems, they cant be trusted.

i havent dealt with any of these people except mile high comics but it was through their website and they overprice their books big time. as for the rest, usually i try and do a quick search on sellers here on the boards b4 i even think of purchasing a semi expensive book.

Top 10:

Harley Yee

Todd Lange

Mike Pring

Alex Jaramillo

Comic Book Addiction

Jeff Williams

Wes Hagen

cards-n-comics

Worst 10:

Comic-Keys

Robojo33

showcase-new-england

Gerry Ross

samco1

MileHigh Comics

highgradeitems

powerangers

neatstuffcollectibles

These three were indeed superb...

Mike Pring

Alex Jaramillo

Comic Book Addiction

...but this one is completely beyond me...

Wes Hagen :screwy:

As for the Worst...yeah, all of them scumbags. (thumbs u Matt Stanley was actually a contributing member here back in the day...the thieving, lying, small-dicked uber-. :mad:

I've never had any problems with Wes and have bought from him for many years. From the threads I have read on the boards there are a lot of mixed feelings.

I know that a lot of people here like Harley, but I think that his grading sucks. I won't buy from him on-line.

Mike