• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay sellers -- Top Ten-----And----- Worst Ten Please vote now

115 posts in this topic

Best 10 (in no particular order, having bought from each one over the past year on Ebay)

1. ComicGeek

2. Harley Yee

3. drummy

4. Comicmankev

5. Jerrybyrnes

6. Jason Ewert

7. ShowcaseNewEngland

8. Supapimp

9. reliant-5

10. Heritage

Worst 10

1. No one directly! Using this board has helped me to see the real bad seeds on Ebay, so I can't really add anyone. You guys have taught me to stay away from Comic-keys, shill feedback, and auctions with no scans - thanks! thumbsup2.gif

I thought Harley Yee is one of the worst eBay sellers. He N-E-V-E-R relies to any e-mails. He overgrades M-A-N-Y books! He stopped attending any comic conventions in last two years and he has sent his assistants to do the shows. He has not submitted any books to CGC for few years. That is a big telltale of his declining sales.

Harley has his faults no question but what do his lack of CGC submissions have to do with anything?

Worst: comixoasis

Bought a $140 comic from them only to find out that a new employee "accidentally" sold it after I waited over 2 weeks to get it. They were not pleasant to deal with, and although they gave me a refund they made me never want to do business with them again in the future.

Well, just bought four ASM slabs from Sparkle City Comics last night so we'll see how they do - probably will be just fine. The main reason I bought them is from the posts on this thread. So thanks!

Sparkle City Comics is the best!

So quick delivery, well packaged, great scans, etc.

I thought Harley Yee is one of the worst eBay sellers. He N-E-V-E-R relies to any e-mails. He overgrades M-A-N-Y books! He stopped attending any comic conventions in last two years and he has sent his assistants to do the shows. He has not submitted any books to CGC for few years. That is a big telltale of his declining sales.

There was a picture of him at the Calgary Expo 2014 in Artboy99's thread. I don't know where you're getting your info from.

He stopped attending Chicago Wizard World and C2E2 since 2011. His exhibition was still there but no Harley was in present. I just wondered why he has not attended my local shows. He never replied my emails at all. Zip!

Well, just bought four ASM slabs from Sparkle City Comics last night so we'll see how they do - probably will be just fine. The main reason I bought them is from the posts on this thread. So thanks!

Sparkle City Comics is the best!

So quick delivery, well packaged, great scans, etc.

+1

There was a picture of him at the Calgary Expo 2014 in Artboy99's thread. I don't know where you're getting your info from.

He stopped attending Chicago Wizard World and C2E2 since 2011. His exhibition was still there but no Harley was in present. I just wondered why he has not attended my local shows. He never replied my emails at all. Zip!

He hasn't sold on eBay in at least six months. Bought a lot of books from him over the years and never had any problems that he wouldn't quickly rectify. One of the stalwarts of the hobby. Used to be at every show known to man. Maybe he's starting to run down? (shrug)

Haven't done enough business on Ebay lately to do a top/bottom 10, but have always had a good experience with Harley, "zillaf4" and "jscomics". There are the multitude of overgraders as well who list massive amount of comics, all overgraded, looking to take advantage of the less experienced buyers. Whatever, their business model seems to work.

Has a very bad experience with "qscomics" from the UK purchasing a mid-grade silver age Marvel key, which I discovered had undisclosed restoration upon receipt of a lovely purple label from CGC. He said that since the 45-day window had passed to file a complaint through Ebay that I was SOL. Seller was pretty smug in his reply as well. Left a bad taste in my mouth and I will not do business with them again.

Bought 15 books several years ago from a seller on Ebay UK called Internetworkshop who was selling mainly Silver/Bronze Age that he had graded between VF/NM to NM+. Every book was graded by CGC right on the money or higher. In fact 1 book a Green Lantern #76 that he had graded VF/NM came back a 9.4 and another one he had graded as NM came back a 9.8. I made contact recently and he said he will be selling again in the next few months so im looking forward to this very much. Ive dealt with other good sellers as well but he was the best of the bunch.

I hear EternityComics on Ebay is pretty amazing to deal with. :)

I've dealt with them recently and they were top notch.

However, I would say that 90% of the sellers I have dealt with on eBay are top notch. I mostly buy CGC, so as long as the case arrives with no cracks I'm happy.

For CGC books, I've had consistent good luck with:

Eternitycomics

greatcomics

madcapcomics

erstockton

shawn5499

crimsontidecollectibles

wetrustinhim (for some reason I always read this as "wet Russian")

topnotchcomics

comics4less

Among many others...

I have NEVER had a bad experience with Basement Comics (Al Stoltz) on eBay .... the books are always such a pleasant surprise... and usually arrive a few days after paying. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I have NEVER had a bad experience with Basement Comics (Al Stoltz) on eBay .... the books are always such a pleasant surprise... and usually arrive a few days after paying. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

. Agree. His grading is top notch.

I only recently started buying from ebay after a many year absence.

The seller who brought be back was our own 4GEMworks.

As of now I am only buying from blissard. Excellant communications, and the best selection of auctions I have ever seen.

The awful sellers who chased me away included the awful MRGA , formerly know as popscomlcs and showcasenewengland who is one of the worst graders as well as one of the most arrogant people I have ever met

You are only in the club if you have been banned from buying from Dan the world's greatest athlete Greenhaugh ShowcaseNewEngland.

Runs faster, jumps higher, benches more than any collector/dealer out there.

Dan should be coming out with his latest Stock market timing call soon, keep an eye out for it.

You are only in the club if you have been banned from buying from Dan the world's greatest athlete Greenhaugh ShowcaseNewEngland.

Runs faster, jumps higher, benches more than any collector/dealer out there.

I dunno...have you ever had the pleasure to witness Roy playing basketball??