• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
21 21

3,619 posts in this topic

Well, since I do not have a group shot right now of my Hulk 1-6 set, I thought I'd show individual scans instead. All books came from the same owner I bought it from. Enjoy :grin:

009-2.jpg

007-1.jpg

005-2.jpg

003-6.jpg

001-11.jpg

004-2-1.jpg

Awesome set (worship)

Well, since I do not have a group shot right now of my Hulk 1-6 set, I thought I'd show individual scans instead. All books came from the same owner I bought it from. Enjoy :grin:

009-2.jpg

007-1.jpg

005-2.jpg

003-6.jpg

001-11.jpg

004-2-1.jpg

Awesome set (worship)

I am truly jealous. :luhv:

Thanks guys for all the nice comments! This was a run that at the last minute, I needed to have. At first I was only interested in the Hulk #1, but the owner said that he would only sell the #1 if I bought the whole set. So after about 5 minutes of thought, I said "let's do it!" And I love mini runs like this. It's easy, fast, and doesn't take up a lot of space. But, I must say, it is quite $$$.

I've been contemplating since the Hulk #1 is in an old label.. Should I leave as it, have it reslabbed and pressed, or should I have it re-holdered?

Id send it to Joey never hurts to have something pressed.

Are you kidding? Keep this book in the old label,and just enjoy an awesome 7.0. (thumbs u

Hell no send it off, I know some people hate a press. But I have a batch of old labels headed there tomorrow. He will take care of them and who knows you might get a bump up on the grade.

Id send it to Joey never hurts to have something pressed.

Are you kidding? Keep this book in the old label,and just enjoy an awesome 7.0. (thumbs u

Hell no send it off, I know some people hate a press. But I have a batch of old labels headed there tomorrow. He will take care of them and who knows you might get a bump up on the grade.

:eek:

I'm with oakman29 - I'd leave it as is (old label goodness).

The set runs from 5.0 to 8.0 so it's not like the 7.0 Hulk 1 is the weak sister in the group and needs a press/resub/grading bump to fit it; it fits in just fine already.

It's a great run, and relatively cheap (once you get 59 and 60)

ttalot.jpg

Great run of books, I'm getting closer to a complete run of #59-#101 in high grade pedigrees but still need some big dollar one's that will hurt the pocket book [59,60, 93 for example]. The cover of #59 is just plain awesome.

I'm far behind you SS, but a nice TTA 59 would be a nice find (I don't have one).

The TTA's in ths 60's numbers first hooked me, so I decided to press the run to the end - about halfway there. :)

In terms of the press I'm abit divided as I suppose I see it as restoration of the book, which means its no longer in its original untouched condition. I have to admit that as I know very little about the pressing process I could be completely wrong about what the process intails. Why would you want the book pressed for higher grade unless your planning to sell. Otherwise if it's for your collection to hold onto I would keep it as good old label untouched goodness and enjoy the great looking book it is. Just my opinion but I'm open to counter opinions on the whole pressing issue. A debate for elsewhere though I'm sure.

Edited by PsychoJ

Beautiful Hulk collection there, awesome. :applause:

The old label slabs are just about old enough to say that they are all too old. It isn't wise to seal a comic book inside of anything for a long period, Most of that is due to paper and chemicals reacting and becoming more stable. That happens mostly when the books are new, not so much after 40 years.

I would keep it slabbed if it will be sold very soon, otherwise crack it out if you are going to keep it. If it will be sold later on you might prefer to reholder it now.

I'm about to remove all of mine that I will likely keep. Anything else I'll wait until I'm more sure that I'll keep them. The plan is to check them all out with my eyes, smell them, and place them in the Mylars I've used since the 70's. The high dollar stuff goes in a safe deposit box, about 150 can easily be stored in one box.

I'm far behind you SS, but a nice TTA 59 would be a nice find (I don't have one).

The TTA's in ths 60's numbers first hooked me, so I decided to press the run to the end - about halfway there. :)

The 60s are tough, I was lucky enough to find a rocking 60,66,and 67, but they were pricey. The 66s don't turn up very often. I snagged Greg Reece's copy as soon as I saw it.