• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
21 21

3,619 posts in this topic

That sounds like less fun than the 3500 I probably have, but most of mine are junk from the 90's not worth the trouble. I keep up with my ASM, and hope to sell all but the last single copy/keepers. The rest I expect to sell raw and cheap. Fortunately the bulk of the expensive stuff does fit in a couple of those BCE boxes, almost 150 books each.

That's funny about leaving the billfold out for crooks. I kind of hide the huge slab boxes, and hope any crook sees the dozens of other short boxes before the good stuff. The bank is a better choice for long term storage. Regards,

Well my main room has a lock on the door and if you went through that most are not in boxes so would be hard to carry.

Apologies that this thread has went so far :signofftopic:

Insure your comics, it was the 1st thing I did after buying so many.

Their is nothing set up in the UK to make this easy.

A home insurance policy wouldn't do.

A friend of mine with a less than comparable collection asked a company for a quote years and was told £40 a month.

How do you prove what you have or what value it is, if you were thinking along those lines ?

I have 3 rooms of comics + loft + garage.

Even I am not sure what I have anymore as I cant get access to the loft without spending large amounts of time sorting through boxes for sets I completed years ago and stored.

I normally leave my wallet and other valuables in easy view in the hope a burglar grabs them and runs and doesn't even go upstairs. :eek:

USAA asked me for a list of anything that was valued at more than 1000$. All the other books I have fall under my blanket policy. I have around 40,000 or something in coverage. (when I say that I set it up I mean my wife) They said that all we had to do was give them an estimate of the value for the stuff under 1000$ book. If we need to file a claim we just tell them what it was that the claim is for.

If it happens to be a 1000$ book then we show them the scans of the book along with GPA data to prove the price on it. All my 1000$+ books are slabbed so that is not an issue for me. I do have several 300-800$ books that are raw but like I said all they ask for is the estimate on those if we need to file a claim.

For transit damages you just provide them with photos of the damage from the mail and a receipt from wherever you bought it. For my sketch covers its the same thing I usually pay with a CC so that I can show the cost of the sketch since there is no real hard data out there on these.

I have group shots/scans uploaded on a lot of my comics already that are high dollar. So I am not to worried about it. Plus USAA is a great company my friends car got busted into this year and they stole his wallet.

USAA asked him how much cash was inside it and he told them 300$ so they sent him a check for 300$ and paid for the damage to the car. Along with the computer and phone that were stolen.

That sounds like the way to go. I wonder how the homeowners policy is connected through them, is there a parent company?

Here the big safe deposit box I checked on was 10"x10"x22", so slabs would be a tight fit. I was figuring on pulling them all out and storing in my normal BCE boxes, which are about 11x11x8" I think. That wouldn't fit, so if I find a box like that the Mylars will have to be arranged at an angle.

USAA is the parent company American Collectibles is the Collectible aspect. They insure all collectibles. Cards/Comics/Cars and such. Joey ill find out when the wife gets home. She actually handles all the insurance stuff. Since she specialized in insurance law for her practice.

Thanks bro

Very cool KJ. There's something about a low grade run that I just love :applause:

+1 Awesome pic!

Agreed. Most of the keys are present.

Thanks guys, what others do you think I shoud have included ?

Very cool KJ. There's something about a low grade run that I just love :applause:

+1 Awesome pic!

Agreed. Most of the keys are present.

Thanks guys, what others do you think I shoud have included ?

FF12