• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
21 21

3,619 posts in this topic

Well, it's no 7.5 white pager, but here's mine:

hulk1.jpg

It currently resides in a PGX :o 2.0 holder.

set that puppy free!!!!
i hear PGX holders are much harder to crack open then CGC holders.
suprisingly, they are much easier (thumbs u
I see, but they are "thicker" on the outer well.
maybe, but they pop open much easier than cgc cases (thumbs u

Just joined the club tonight.

Guy calls me about a collection of 1960s comics all cartoon books and a Hulk 1. A couple calls later and I never heard from him for over a year. Then he calls me last week, tells me a hard luck story and wants to sell it and the rest. I'll believe it when I see it and either its total BS or the book is going to be a piece of work. All the books are in real nice shape VG/F to VF. This plus one other had light water damage - Grrrrr. I am always flabbergasted how many collections deals can take over a year to consummate.

He did say that he sold all of the superhero books back in the 1980s with the exception of the Hulk which he wanted to keep. I paid a fair amount for it but the cartoon comics came with it so that made for a sweet deal. This is my first copy of this book too which is very cool.

But for the stains this is a really nice copy. Great colors, spine, no chipping or tape, and white page quality. Well centered with no major distractions. Really pumped to get this.

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

Guy calls me about a collection of 1960s comics all cartoon books and a Hulk 1. A couple calls later and I never heard from him for over a year. Then he calls me last week, tells me a hard luck story and wants to sell it and the rest. I'll believe it when I see it and either its total BS or the book is going to be a piece of work. All the books are in real nice shape VG/F to VF. This plus one other had light water damage - Grrrrr. I am always flabbergasted how many collections deals can take over a year to consummate.

He did say that he sold all of the superhero books back in the 1980s with the exception of the Hulk which he wanted to keep. I paid a fair amount for it but the cartoon comics came with it so that made for a sweet deal. This is my first copy of this book too which is very cool.

But for the stains this is a really nice copy. Great colors, spine, no chipping or tape, and white page quality. Well centered with no major distractions. Really pumped to get this.

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

I like it, stain and all (thumbs u

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

All 100% original. (thumbs u

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

All 100% original. (thumbs u

One sweet book :applause:

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

:takeit:

Nice tale as well...must've felt great to finally close the deal.

:banana: fun thread, good to see my buds books again and some new ones too.

If i had a scanner worth a flip you could see the colors are like buttah! buttah i says! :cry:

DSC_0113.jpg

If i had a scanner worth a flip you could see the colors are like buttah! buttah i says! :cry:

DSC_0113.jpg

From a bird's eye view, that's one heckuvahulkone !!! :applause:

Give us a close up as some of us may want to bid on it !!

Edited by peewee22

DSC_0113.jpg

From a bird's eye view, that's one heckuvahulkone !!! :applause:

Give us a close up as some of us may want to bid on it !!

DSC_0564.jpg

What can i put you down for sir? :baiting:

This book and FF1 are probably the two SA Marvel keys that I don't own and want most. If I could only find a half decent presenting 1.0 raw (restored or not) for the right price and I'd be a happy camper.

:sorry:

This book and FF1 are probably the two SA Marvel keys that I don't own and want most. If I could only find a half decent presenting 1.0 raw (restored or not) for the right price and I'd be a happy camper.

Chin up!

This book and FF1 are is probably the two SA Marvel keys that I don't own and want most. If I could only find a half decent presenting 1.0 raw (restored or not) for the right price and I'd be a happy camper.

:devil: