• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
21 21

3,619 posts in this topic

Can i Join? I think this is a 1 or maybe a .5 due to excessive tape. Might get it CGC'd at the NYCC for fun. Got a reprint to read anyway :)

Never thought I'd own this but I outbid someone on ebay 4 years ago by just 5 dollars and got it for 505. Gotta be worth more now.

IMG_20130807_214013.jpg

saw the pills on the floor, thought you were house of comics

Edited by youmechoose

Hulk 1 has almost overcome FF1 in value...amazing!

I got news for you buddy! Check out this recent article!

http://investcomics.com/features/best-investment-silver-age-comic-debate

I would like to join the club at the end of next month! I have just sealed the deal on a 'very special' IH #1 CGC 8.0! :cloud9:

I will post my scans once I have it in hand! TBC! (thumbs u

Edited by jaja-mon12

congrats man, I guess you wwent for the hulk over the SC4?!

Thanks! And besides that Investment Comics article here were my other reasons:

My reasons were:

1. I just don't have faith in WB/DC when it comes to doing a live action Flash movie. They will have only released 1 movie in 2.5 years with MOS being the last, and then there is no guarantee a Flash movie will drop in 2016.

2. Hulk is a Taurus like me! lol We are both born in the month of May, so I feel a connection with the character just like Batman (Taurus also).

3. I don't feel Flash will ever rise to the marketability or popularity of the Hulk. Besides Spidey, the Hulk is Marvels next most popular character.

4. Even though the Showcase #4 is the rarer book in high grade, IH #1 is still rare in a high grade in its own right. And there being only 4 pedigree IH #1's kind of makes up for that.

5. This is currently the 2nd most valuable SA book on the market, right behind AF #15. Showcase #4 may be 4th or 5th.

6. The majority of my collection is DC, so I wanted to add the mega key Marvel comic book to my collection to give it some diversity.

My reasons were:

1. I just don't have faith in WB/DC when it comes to doing a live action Flash movie. They will have only released 1 movie in 2.5 years with MOS being the last, and then there is no guarantee a Flash movie will drop in 2016.

2. Hulk is a Taurus like me! lol We are both born in the month of May, so I feel a connection with the character just like Batman (Taurus also).

3. I don't feel Flash will ever rise to the marketability or popularity of the Hulk. Besides Spidey, the Hulk is Marvels next most popular character.

4. Even though the Showcase #4 is the rarer book in high grade, IH #1 is still rare in a high grade in its own right. And there being only 4 pedigree IH #1's kind of makes up for that.

5. This is currently the 2nd most valuable SA book on the market, right behind AF #15. Showcase #4 may be 4th or 5th.

6. The majority of my collection is DC, so I wanted to add the mega key Marvel comic book to my collection to give it some diversity.

Can't wait to see it. :applause:

My reasons were:

Sup Oak? You couldn't stay away from your favorite thread for too long huh? lol Welcome back bro.

My reasons were:

Sup Oak? You couldn't stay away from your favorite thread for too long huh? lol Welcome back bro.

Mahalo bra. :foryou:

Oh wait that's a different language,might be considered masking. :eek:

My reasons were:

Nice pick up. Interesting points and should be a sound investment. Overall in 8.0 for the sa I think it's still 1. Af15 2. Ff 1 3. Ih 1 4. Sc 4, hulk has a good chance of taking a clear cut lead on ff 1 sometime soon though. Also, I think iron man has been marvels top seller, even dominating spidey :cry:

My reasons were:

In due time my friend! I'm counting down the days! :cloud9:

My reasons were:

I say buy what you enjoy and enjoy what you buy. :preach:

My reasons were:

Nice pick up. Interesting points and should be a sound investment. Overall in 8.0 for the sa I think it's still 1. Af15 2. Ff 1 3. Ih 1 4. Sc 4, hulk has a good chance of taking a clear cut lead on ff 1 sometime soon though. Also, I think iron man has been marvels top seller, even dominating spidey :cry:

Nice list my friend! IH #1 in an 8.0 has already surpassed FF #1 according to the 2013 Overstreet! The IH #1 value is $30K and the FF #1 is $27K. I don't have the recent sale stats according to GPA for that grade.

Yeah, I think the TOS #39 has gotten a big boost from the movies recently! Iron Man is no longer considered a 'B' tier character! A nice copy is still very affordable. hm

My reasons were:

Nice list my friend! IH #1 in an 8.0 has already surpassed FF #1 according to the 2013 Overstreet! The IH #1 value is $30K and the FF #1 is $27K. I don't have the recent sale stats according to GPA for that grade.

Yeah, I think the TOS #39 has gotten a big boost from the movies recently! Iron Man is no longer considered a 'B' tier character! A nice copy is still very affordable. hm

I was going by gpa :P. ff138k ih1 30k sc4 25.5k. Sc4 is strong considering its circumstances. Still undervalued.

My reasons were:

I say buy what you enjoy and enjoy what you buy. :preach:

I second that my buddy, we only live once! Amen! :preach:

My reasons were:

I was going by gpa :P. ff138k ih1 30k sc4 25.5k. Sc4 is strong considering its circumstances. Still undervalued.

Okay cool! Showcase #4 was my second option and may have been my first if WB/DC would just capitalized on their other awesome characters outside of Bats & Supes! :frustrated:

My reasons were:

Your statement that SC4 is undervalued is based on the assumption that it should be valued the same as the other comics. Otherwise the numbers on GPA really have no bearing on whether a book is undervalued or overvalued.

My reasons were:

Your statement that SC4 is undervalued is based on the assumption that it should be valued the same as the other comics. Otherwise the numbers on GPA really have no bearing on whether a book is undervalued or overvalued.

My assumption that SC4 is undervalued is based on its scarcity and significance. Not any other books value. Also, GPA can let you know if something is undervalued or overvalued in some scenarios. If you're trying to make a private deal on a book that hasn't had a recorded sale in grade for X amount of years but all of the grades under it are trending upward. I think it's safe to say if the asking price is close to its outdated recorded sale, it's undervalued.

My reasons were:

My assumption that SC4 is undervalued is based on its scarcity and significance. Not any other books value. Also, GPA can let you know if something is undervalued or overvalued in some scenarios. If you're trying to make a private deal on a book that hasn't had a recorded sale in grade for X amount of years but all of the grades under it are trending upward. I think it's safe to say if the asking price is close to its outdated recorded sale, it's undervalued.

I misunderstood your point about undervaluing because it came directly after your citation of GPA comics without any other explanation. My bad.

As for you explanation of GPA undervaluing, I wouldn't call the comic undervalued, I would just say that GPA idoesn't hav enough data to show the current value of the comic.