• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Journey Into Mystery #83 Club
18 18

997 posts in this topic

surprised no one has mentioned these two CL record setting results yet. the 5.0 was my copy which i consigned in order to try to win the 5.5 copy, but i did not bid high enough on it. the 5.5 presented extremely nicely for the grade due to a tear in the back. having white pages and that silly sticker on it likely helped it set a record price. at least mine also went for a record price for the grade. 

for those who cant read the tiny type below, 27.8k for the 5.5WP copy and 20.25k for the 5.0 OWWP copy. 

jim83-5.5wp-march2022.jpg

jim83-5.0-march2022.jpg

Edited by alexgross.com

On 3/3/2022 at 9:55 AM, alexgross.com said:

surprised no one has mentioned these two CL record setting results yet. the 5.0 was my copy which i consigned in order to try to win the 5.5 copy, but i did not bid high enough on it. the 5.5 presented extremely nicely for the grade due to a tear in the back. having white pages and that silly sticker on it likely helped it set a record price. at least mine also went for a record price for the grade. 

for those who cant read the tiny type below, 27.8k for the 5.5WP copy and 20.25k for the 5.0 OWWP copy. 

I wanted to downgrade my current copy for that 5.5 which looks extremely nice for its given grade but did not bid enough either :cry: 

I should have bought it when it was in the Comiclink exchange place a few years ago :pullhair:

That was my 5.5 copy that sold -- I did buy it from the Exchange a few years back, and sold it because I've been playing the 'downgrade game' with some of my Marvel SA keys.  I bought a nice 4.0 with the advance on the 5.5 and ultimately made enough profit on the 5.5 sale to fund my new copy and then some.  It's a great game to play given the current market, but I can't keep going -- can't downgrade from a 4.0 and still retain the eye appeal I want.  Oh, well. :nyah:

Thanks for the bids, too -- much appreciated! Sorry it didn't work out.

Dan

On 3/4/2022 at 11:11 AM, c_mkv said:

Nice to see a couple strong results for this book considering the last 6.5 on HA didn’t do as well as I thought it would 

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/journey-into-mystery-83-marvel-1962-cgc-fn-65-off-white-to-white-pages/a/122209-17632.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

Maybe it's because the book had minor color touch removal

On 3/3/2022 at 9:55 AM, alexgross.com said:

jim83-5.5wp-march2022.jpg

jim83-5.0-march2022.jpg

On 3/3/2022 at 3:28 PM, Drummy said:

That was my 5.5 copy that sold -- I did buy it from the Exchange a few years back, and sold it because I've been playing the 'downgrade game' with some of my Marvel SA keys.  I bought a nice 4.0 with the advance on the 5.5 and ultimately made enough profit on the 5.5 sale to fund my new copy and then some.  It's a great game to play given the current market, but I can't keep going -- can't downgrade from a 4.0 and still retain the eye appeal I want.  Oh, well. :nyah:

Thanks for the bids, too -- much appreciated! Sorry it didn't work out.

Dan

Congrats on the sales guys! 

It's an incredible book.