• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Journey Into Mystery #83 Club
18 18

997 posts in this topic

Hello, I have an opportunity to buy a JIM #83 for $7,000, but it’s a PGX restored 6.0. Restoration says “moderate”, but it has quite a bit done to it color touch up, paper added, etc…. Is there room to make money in that? I think I’d have to send it to CGC if I were to ever try to resell it. (For me personally I’d rather have a 2.0 unrestored!) 

On 5/26/2022 at 3:15 PM, GMcGurty said:

Hello, I have an opportunity to buy a JIM #83 for $7,000, but it’s a PGX restored 6.0. Restoration says “moderate”, but it has quite a bit done to it color touch up, paper added, etc…. Is there room to make money in that? I think I’d have to send it to CGC if I were to ever try to resell it. (For me personally I’d rather have a 2.0 unrestored!) 

I personally would NEVER spend that much on a PGX.  You're rolling the dice.  I've bought a couple in the past for under $100, I cracked open one and found a coupon had been clipped out of an interior page.

On 5/26/2022 at 3:35 PM, gadzukes said:

I personally would NEVER spend that much on a PGX.  You're rolling the dice.  I've bought a couple in the past for under $100, I cracked open one and found a coupon had been clipped out of an interior page.

Yeah, I think I’m not gonna go for it, especially on a Resto book. 

On 5/26/2022 at 3:15 PM, GMcGurty said:

I probably wouldn't buy it. 

It's too much money to invest in uncertainty. 

I recently picked up a copy of Cuentos De Brujas #178 which appears to be a Mexican reprint of JIM 83. I never knew this existed and I was surprised when I found out it was printed in 1963. No copies on the CGC census and no recent sales that I could find doing a quick search. Anyone else ever come across this comic before that might know more about it’s value? Book looks to be in 1.0-1.5 condition.

On 5/29/2022 at 5:51 PM, jjfversion1 said:

I recently picked up a copy of Cuentos De Brujas #178 which appears to be a Mexican reprint of JIM 83. I never knew this existed and I was surprised when I found out it was printed in 1963. No copies on the CGC census and no recent sales that I could find doing a quick search. Anyone else ever come across this comic before that might know more about it’s value? Book looks to be in 1.0-1.5 condition.

Great find.  I don't know much about it's value, but I will say the foreign edition market is blowing up right now for Key issues.  

549295.jpg

Edited by gadzukes

On 5/29/2022 at 7:33 PM, gadzukes said:

Great find.  I don't know much about it's value, but I will say the foreign edition market is blowing up right now for Key issues.  

549295.jpg

I recently found "Poderoso Thor" #1 (from 1967) which is the Brazilian edition of JIM 83/84.  Unfortunately they used the cover to 84.

I also found #2 which is the Brazilian edition of JIM 85/86

682752.jpg

682753.jpg

Edited by gadzukes

On 5/29/2022 at 11:51 PM, jjfversion1 said:

It is a rare find for sure. Hard to price it, I sold a mexican Avengers 1 two years Ago for $350, in similar condition and I should have asked for More. 

I would not take less than $500-600, the mexican FF1 and "X-Men 1 sell in the thousand already