• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE STAN LEE TRIBUTE *Final Announcement*

639 posts in this topic

And here are some of the Invaders (have triples of 25). Stan and Roy again. There are a few PQ changes on the re-subs - one or two up a notch and one or two down a notch. I'm happy to report that #40 got a bump from 9.6 to 9.8! :banana: (and so I expect to hear from DocJoe). All other grades were unchanged. And once more .. thanks Chandler and Sharon! (thumbs u

Invaders40CGC98SSFC.jpg

Invaders27CGC96SSFC.jpg

Invaders25ACGC98SSFC.jpg

Invaders23CGC96SSFC.jpg

Invaders12CGC98SSFC.jpg

Invaders11CGC96SSFC.jpg

Invaders10CGC96SSFC.jpg

Avengers71CGC96SSFC.jpg

This book is incredible!! :o

Thanks Lloyd! :hi: I have a 9.8 in white, so I thought what the heck. This is probably one of my favorites in the Avengers series. I love GA Timelys and the Invaders series. City killed my team today 3-0. Pain and agony.

Got mine yesterday. Thanks Chandler and Sharon for your long hours of hard work (and for putting the Tribute stickers on the back!) Love the different pen colors by Todd. Here are some of them...

IronMan1CGC85StanLeeTribute.jpg

ASM30098CGCSS.jpg

ASM300C98SSMcFMich.jpg

SM1C98SS5003.jpg

SM1C98SS5004.jpg

:o(worship)

That's an awesome haul!

Wow, :o those Spidey's are.....are......Damn. I'm at a loss for words... (worship)

:o Agreed! Those Spideys are intense, and the IM#1 isn't shabby either! Great colors and signature placement. Wow ... just WOW!

I got my hulks today!

Well let's see them, man! :popcorn:

Kinda disappointed in how they turned out. i got stuck with a junky blue pen that didnt show up well. The 342s case is scuffed top to bottom front and back not really sure whats up with that. And have you ever seen todd sign his name like on the 342? looks kinda junky :(

scan0014-2.jpg

It's easy for me to say this since they're not my books, but I think you're being way too picky. Are the signatures great? No, but they could have been a lot worse. Before I saw the scans, I was envisioning signatures like from one of the days Stan was in a foul mood and purposely sought out dark areas of the cover to sign with a black Sharpie. In this case, the signatures are in mostly light areas, and don't obscure any of the art.

Then again, I'm a glass half full kinda guy.

One question--did you prep the books, or did DWC? The reason I ask is that both books are signed on the logo, and I haven't noticed McFarlane do that as a matter of practice. It made me wonder whether the books were prepped with a window cut out over the logo.