• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE STAN LEE TRIBUTE *Final Announcement*

639 posts in this topic

Nice books.

So I was looking over some auctions and came across this one :

http://cgi.ebay.com/FANTASTIC-FOUR-1-CGC-4-5-SS-STAN-LEE-TRIBUTE-COLLECTION-/110559040921?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19bdd51599

I love his sales pitch :lol:

You want EVEN MORE RARITY? Well here it is. There was apparently some hub-bub between CGC, the witness and customers (part way through grading and sealing!) over the exact placement of the Holographic Stan Lee Tribute collections bar code label (since this is the first time a Tribute Collection has been created...). As you can see from my pictures - the Tribute bar code is in the bottom left corner of the comic obscuring the corner of the comic from view! As it turns out, all three of comics I was able to submit have the Tribute series ended up having the bar code there. Mine must have been the first comic set through for signing (not uncommon since they DO like to start big at these events ;-) since I have yet to find pictures of anyone else with a tribute edition label obscurring the bottom left corner of their mag I must presume this magazine is going to be a true rarity in the respect also. Note that the decided position for tribute labels is now on the back of the case, along the bottom edge of the CGC label. So this comics rarity increases - this comic may be one of just a handful tribute comics to ever exist, of an unknown number to come (from future tribute editions presumably forthcoming) to have such a deviation from the norm that this rare blue chip investment represents is truly amazing!

:roflmao:

On mine, I think I'm going to ask Chandler to put the hologram upside down right over the Stan Lee signature. That would make mine the rarest of them all, and certainly worth a significant premium over the hundreds of other books Stan signed at the Tribute (or should that be Tribute 2010, since the seller seemed to think there were other "Tributes" to come?). :insane:

Here are my Stan Lee Tribute books

(THANKS CHANDLER and SHARON):

Amazing Spider-Man #9 CGC 6.0 Signed by Stan Lee

ASM9CGC60SS.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #300 CGC 9.2 Signed by Stan Lee, Todd McFarlane and David Michelinie (thought this would be a 9.4)

ASM300CGC92SS.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #312 CGC 9.6 Signed by Stan Lee, Todd McFarlane and David Michelinie

ASM312CGC96SS.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #315 CGC 8.5 Signed by Stan Lee, Todd McFarlane and David Michelinie (not sure what is wrong with this one - major disappointment)

ASM315CGC85SS.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #316 CGC 9.4 Signed by Stan Lee, Todd McFarlane and David Michelinie

ASM316CGC94SS.jpg

Fantastic Four #11 CGC 4.5 signed by Stan Lee

FF11CGC45SS.jpg

AWESOME books, Brian!

I especially like the FF book. (thumbs u

I've had 1 book that looked perfect that I sent in to get graded and it came back a 9.0. When I called for grader's notes, they said there was a slight bend throughout the book (not color breaking). It was so slight that it wasn't perceptible in the slab. Maybe that happened to yours, too. (shrug) Call for grader's notes if you're curious, but you've got a batch of killer books, there. :applause:

I picked these up from the post office this morning. I am very pleased and surprised with the grades, since I bought these two books off the new stand when they came out and when I only bagged and didnt use boards.

101065.jpg.eb0e72344e5be7bc1b658e713d9ed7cc.jpg

101066.jpg.ece40ebc86608cff88c707aaca022fbd.jpg