• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western comics.
11 11

2,254 posts in this topic

Hi

Nice copy - here's mine - love the early issues in this series.

Mikey blockquote><p> Both Western Comics #15

I like the partially broken window and the barbers expression at the broken shaving cream cup made me think of the "that guy hates these cans" scene from The Jerk.

I don't have many photo covers but I got this one because I like Gail Davis.

Annie%20Oakley%20and%20Tagg%2010_zps7bm5csfp.jpg

A skillet in one hand and a gun in the other. What's not to like? :D

Micro-aggression alert! Good men have been hounded out of the hallowed halls of academia for far, far less.

But as long as we're at it, include the following and you've got a rats nest of suppressed sexual imagery. In other words...where can I get a copy?

- bulls eyes on the boobies

- pig tails to pull on

- scarf around the neck

Micro-aggression alert! Good men have been hounded out of the hallowed halls of academia for far, far less.

But as long as we're at it, include the following and you've got a rats nest of suppressed sexual imagery. In other words...where can I get a copy?

- pig tails to pull on

- scarf around the neck

This cover could spawn a hundred dissertations!

- pig tails to pull on

- scarf around the neck

...those bulls eyes are making me want her, er, I mean, it....... er, the book that is ....... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

- pig tails to pull on

- scarf around the neck

...those bulls eyes are making me want her, er, I mean, it....... er, the book that is ....... GOD BLESS...

lol Not the reception I thought this one would get. You'd think this was a Bettie Page cover.

A different type of Bettie - it's a Betty vs Veronica thing

.... and in just a few short years, "Slap leather !" would take on a whole new meaning in Hollywood. Seriously, some of these photo covers can be pretty appealing...... ESPECIALLY some of the D.C. ones that happen to have some Frazetta work inside :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

This book is one photo cover that I always liked, and the interior art doesn't disappoint. I would have never even known about this book.... but years ago I was working at a gas station while pursuing my art career, and my boss became interested in comics from watching me sell them out of my trunk on occasion. He had a wide range of interests and was especially drawn to the photo covers.... especially the T.V. tie ins. After I had turned up a few dozen, he asked me if there were any with Ronald Reagan, so I did some research in the PhotoJournals and found that he was on two. I found him a copy of this one, and in the process, took a liking to it myself. There's a couple on eBay but it used to be VERY tough, pre-internet. GOD BLESS...

FAWCETT%20MOVIE%20COMICS%20140002.jpg