• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western comics.
11 11

2,254 posts in this topic

Love the Church copy of Kid Colt 2 (first series) on the Worldwide site. Not that I'm willing to pay that kind of money for it! :D

That book sold on C-Link last winter for around $1,800....... :screwy:

Could have purchased it then but I'll stick with the Vancouver copy. I think the wrap is much better and the corners are sharper.

photo kid colt 2 cgc 9.6_zpswzwbicuh.jpg

Love the Church copy of Kid Colt 2 (first series) on the Worldwide site. Not that I'm willing to pay that kind of money for it! :D

That book sold on C-Link last winter for around $1,800....... :screwy:

Could have purchased it then but I'll stick with the Vancouver copy. I think the wrap is much better and the corners are sharper.

photo kid colt 2 cgc 9.6_zpswzwbicuh.jpg

:luhv:

....those early Kid Colt covers are so well drawn...... and I'd love to page through a Vancouver.... I've heard so much about them. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

There's some good early Heath art in that to go with the cover. :headbang:

Booyah pards. Have yourself a giddyap New Years :headbang:

ArizonaKid01fac_zpswlulxs4d.jpg

Booyah pards. Have yourself a giddyap New Years :headbang:

ArizonaKid01fac_zpswlulxs4d.jpg

Great looking book.

I really liked the Heath art in AK #2 so I'm glad to see adamstrange give his approval on the Heath art in this one. Moves it up higher on my want list.

Yeh baby. This Vancouver is fantastic. :applause:

Your Kid Colt run is just out of this world. 30 years in the making, I can believe it. Was that a pic of you reading the #3 from 1949?

Thank you for the kind comments sir (thumbs u

I wish that was me in the photo. I would have gently read through the stories, lovingly tucked it away in between the pages of an encyclopedia, stored it in a cool dry place, and squirreled it away for the next 65 years.

Unfortunately I'm a Gen X'er and was born in 1969.

Yeh but you collect like a Baby Boomer - determined, with drive and focus! No slacking. So let's call it a late arrival to the party, and make you an Honorary Boomer.

....those early Kid Colt covers are so well drawn...... and I'd love to page through a Vancouver.... I've heard so much about them. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I totally agree with you jimbo on the early Atlas westerns. There are many under appreciated covers, interiors, and stories!!!

The Vancouver books are breathtaking. The KC #2 has always been entombed since I purchased it. But I've seen some raw books and usually all of them have blindingly white pages that feel like they were just printed. I guess the colder you can keep your books the better (not in the fridge or freezer please) :preach:

Here's one of my favorite earlier Kid Colt's. This cover seems to have it all. And a Maneely to boot................................

photo kid colt 12 cgc 9.0_zpspf5ulyur.jpg

Yeh but you collect like a Baby Boomer - determined, with drive and focus! No slacking. So let's call it a late arrival to the party, and make you an Honorary Boomer.

That sounds great to me. I'll gladly take that honor and daydream of the kind of world my Dad grew up in. If we could combine the greatest things about today's technology with the simplicity, integrity, and morals of the Golden Age, wow what a great world that would be to live in...

My first "big purchase" Kid Colt comic.

Place: Comic City in uptown Minneapolis (still there)

Cost: $12

Some how I kept it from age 10 until age 38, and it still graded out an (8.5).

photo Kid Colt 11 cgc 8.5_zpsliwxgp6z.jpg

here's my contribution (though, a few star rangers I have are western themed)

image_zpsc0qkcozt.jpeg

Nice rick, I have the 1 and 4 (the 2 and 3 are toughies)

That cover on the 4 is so bad, it cracks me up! :)

That's the only one I have. It's one my favorite goofy GA covers. You are right, though, it does make you think that they were right on deadline and had no cover, so the guy in the mailroom was pressed into service to draw something. :D

Great story and very cool book! :applause:

That sounds great to me. I'll gladly take that honor and daydream of the kind of world my Dad grew up in. If we could combine the greatest things about today's technology with the simplicity, integrity, and morals of the Golden Age, wow what a great world that would be to live in...

My first "big purchase" Kid Colt comic.

Place: Comic City in uptown Minneapolis (still there)

Cost: $12

Some how I kept it from age 10 until age 38, and it still graded out an (8.5).

photo Kid Colt 11 cgc 8.5_zpsliwxgp6z.jpg